Author Topic: Hanger GV and Bird Select  (Read 1303 times)

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Hanger GV and Bird Select
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2004, 03:36:05 PM »
If a 262 showed only 46 points in the MA I am thinking you were looking at the wrong plane. I have never seen a 262 that low except as H/T was saying when you first enter the arena. As far as earning perk points is concerned rank means nothing as Slappy was saying. Earning perks is easy if you are flying as much as you say and killing as poorly as you say then some time in the training arena would be of great help to you. Or find a squad that trains. Please dont take this as a jab at you even if it sounds like one. If you cant get kills now. Flying the 262 is not going to help. Its easly broken and a VERY difficult plane to get kills in. Not to mention every enemy plane in the arena will step on each other to get a shot at you. My first ride in a 262 lasted all of 10 mins of climbing and one lawn dart into the ground on my first dive.  Took me several weeks to earn them perks too. Now I have 10000 fighter perks and still I still suck but I manage to earn perk points as fast as I need them. If you are interested in doing some training let us know many including myself will be happy to help.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2004, 03:55:36 PM »
Originally posted by devil22
but every time i see a player land 4, 6 ,8, 10, 19 kills in a 262 the first bloody thing i do is look at their rank, and what do i see, 900 or better, usually avereageing 200 or better. that simple, that painful, that bad.
Not true I landed 5 kills sat at the a44 furball and 4 kills sunday at same furball.

When you see somebody like fester landing 10+ kills in anything its not the plane its the pilot.

As the bartender in the right stuff says. There are 2 kinds of pilots hot pilots that get the hot rides and pudknockers that get the rest. Now what would you two pudknockers like to drink.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline devil22

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2004, 05:03:41 PM »
look, i know its the pilot, and the line is as follows, better ranked better kill ratio. i have 124 kills and 155 deaths, 31 more deaths than kills. i like to try and train in FFA and out in MA. ice ty for the offer, but u r not a bishop (least i dont think the MAW is a bish squad. and you were not jabbing at me at all)

Offline devil22

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2004, 05:07:13 PM »
Absolutly correct. The failing has been pointed out and the solution or "work around" is ...

1) go to the hanger and pick the plane immediatly and lauch the sortie.

2) If you hang around in the hanger, then you simply have to go out and come back in to get the new number.

Not so hard now that its been explained and something that we all will have to do unless HT can find it in his heart to implement the "refresh" button.

look when i first saw the 262 costing 46 points, and yes it really was a 262 i tried to launch as soon as i saw it, i had only been in the hanger long enough to see that it was 46pts, try to select and launch ( 6 seconds at most was my time till first error message) and saw it say i didnt have enough points(i think that day we bishops were out numbered 3-1 by knit and rook combined) i looked just above it and grayed out and costing only 15 was the 163.