Author Topic: Thought on the new Osama video  (Read 2683 times)

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Thought on the new Osama video
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2004, 08:31:57 AM »
Originally posted by Torque
If all that money and effort was used instead for research into technologies for alternative fuel sources and increased fuel economy for cars. You guys could of washed your hands of the whole middle-eastern affair decades ago.

Torque, funny you should bring this up. I was just thinking about it this morning. Yes, it would be fantastic to see the ME return to it's pre-1940's state due to a lack of demand for it's product. It's hard to imagine that in this day of satellite television, space travel, and high-speed internet pron that a viable alternative fuel source has yet to be unveiled. Conspiracies abound, but I think it has to do with restructuring the entire world's transportation and automotive base and the associated cost. It's staggering if you consider it, but it WILL happen eventually, one way or the other. Our current fuel source is finite. Let's just hope the world doesn't fold in on itself before we run out (or at least before we all get to play STALKER and SH3). :)

Originally posted by GScholz  
But the notion that we also must agree or make our opinions subservient to yours as a matter of debt, and all the bashing because of it, is taking a serious toll on our patience.
[/B]

Well, I can't speak for my country as a whole, but I can speak for myself: the whole "Freedom Fries" thing was a personally embarassing episode. I can't believe grown men thought something this juvenile was a good idea. I'm sure Europe and the rest of the world was laughing at the irony considering "French fries" aren't even...French! Anyway, I'm not a Euro basher, as you know. I've always been annoyed at the "we saved yer arses, so you owe us" threads and comments on this BBS and elsewhere. I *do* get a bit frustrated that the European community tends to move very slowly unless shocked into action (9/11). Yeah, there's alot to be said for thinking things thru and not flying off the handle, and America has become a little hyperactive since 9/11. If our friends take too long to pack, we're probably gonna drive away wothout them.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2004, 12:19:34 AM »
Their meager contribution was long ago repaid in American blood.

Their contribution wasn't meager, it was tactically significant.
My point was, that in the past they joined forces w/ us against a powerful opponent....once upon a time they had balls.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2004, 12:26:43 AM »
And then again, their testicles may be in order but they may simply disagree - yea whats the chances of that?

Don't argue - just villify them - thats the 3rd grade ticket.

<--Getting DAMNED tired of 3rd grade rhetoric.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2004, 12:52:19 AM »
Don't argue - just villify them - thats the 3rd grade ticket.

WTF are you talking about?    Oh, and plow you.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve