Author Topic: Lazer Buff guns  (Read 5304 times)

Offline the Lazy ace

• Zinc Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2006, 01:55:25 PM »
the bombers guns are fine. i think you guys should stop attacking from the tail.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2006, 02:12:46 PM »
Originally posted by the Lazy ace
the bombers guns are fine. i think you guys should stop attacking from the tail.

Ok. How about no F3 view.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2006, 03:01:18 PM »
Originally posted by bozon
all manned guns in AH have the same problem - no recoil.
From B17 gunners through Ostwind to field acks, there's no shaking and you can fine-point the gun, shoot and correct while shooting.
Bozon

The Comparison of the Buff guns to the Osti or the Field ack is apples to oranges.
The Osti has recoil and a slow rate of fire. The field ack has slow rate of fire.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2006, 03:07:01 PM »
Originally posted by Bruno
In regards to fighters in AH, if it requires more rounds to bring down an aircraft then a higher hit % doesn't necessarily mean more lethality.

I dont fly luftwaffe planes so i dont know how many MG151/20's or MK108's rounds needed to shot b24 down. By my estimate it need about 50-70x12mm to completely rip a wing if you aim good. In my best buff hunting sortie in F4U1D i shot down 7 B-17/B-24s before got oil leak and still had enough ammo for 2 or 3 more buffs. So i dont think they too strong.
Back to hit rate, average hit rate in AH 5-10 times higher then average RL rate. Even if buffs are stronger than real they not even near so stronger. And i believe fighters are stronger too.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Re: Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2006, 05:21:40 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
For every gun on a bomber that can aim in the direction of where your shooting, to converge all at the exact same point, at 600 yards, is rediculous. Gunners where not this good, ever. What we have now is better than the radar guided guns on B52s.

I surely hope this is not what ToD or whatever its called will be like. Something needs to be done. By the time a 109 gets into firing range of a B17 he will be minus both wings and flaming down to earth.

IMO something needs to be done. This is not just a gripe because I die to buff guns. It's also because when I fly them I have no problem shooting nme planes down 1 after the next like fish in a barrel. They are so on par with the unrealistic FM of buffs its not funny. As it is they can drop bombs from any angle at any speed under any situation. Add to that these lazers and they're just a joke.
 That many "Something needs to be done"s that close together. Means it was a GRIPE!!

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2006, 03:34:30 PM »
B24's had six gunners per plane, B17's had 8 gunners per plane.  In formations you can do the multiplication.  You can bet your plane they would shred anything that came up on their six nice and slow and steady like some lazier or less informed fighter pilots.  Accuracy a joke and not realistic?  I don't think so.  It's not realistic to think that you can come up on a heavily armed bomber and just sit there at the six and shoot it.

Hit Lancasters from below between the outboard and inboard engine, it goes down without a good portion of the wing.  It's guns never had a chance to touch you.  Perform a high angles attack on it and stay the heck out of it's six and the worst you face is .303's and they rarely touch you.

B17's and B24's easily catch fire.  Attack one from below and you should be toast.  Attack one from above at high angles and you've got 50's to face, but again they can hardly touch you if you do it correctly.

If more than one fighter attacks in coordinated fashion from opposite sides, the bombers are toast.

The guns aren't too accurate.  There's only one or two guys shooting at you and they can't be at every gun position at once.  Think of it as facing a guy at each gun position on each bomber and assume they're half way competent at what they're doing.  Approach them as a real fighter pilot would and you'll find the results are realistic.  Approach them as a newb would and you'll find those results are realistic too.