Author Topic: Petition to return the DA to a no killshooter arena.  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Petition to return the DA to a no killshooter arena.
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2006, 01:20:05 PM »
If HT changed it back, you'd have the same squeaky teens vulching and not checking 6's, then whining when people have to gang up on them to stop it.

Our only hope is Silat's anti-teen haxxor squelch coad.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2006, 01:31:09 PM »
burn stang at the stake, he is pro killshooter!!1

recently i have had some fun 1 on 1s by appointment, but even yesterday i was in there with 3 regular dueling buddies and we all commented on how much time was wasted flying between fields.

we even went as far as holding fire when an obvious victory has been achieved, to save having to fly from the other side of the sector again.

the only benifit of fighting a red icon not green is colisions are back on, which stop people being able to shoot you just before they collide with you, and the shooter gets away with it.

the idiots in 163 and 262 busting up good fights can still fly across a sector in 1 minute and screw up your fun even with killshooter on.

Having it on is totaly pointless, and similar to the nanny state gun laws in the UK.

Having it off does not limit anything we have now, but it does add many different elements for alot of gamers that are limited with it on.

Please turn it back, but dont announce it and see if the teen brigade even find out its back off ;)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2006, 01:37:05 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
If HT changed it back, you'd have the same squeaky teens vulching and not checking 6's, then whining when people have to gang up on them to stop it.

Our only hope is Silat's anti-teen haxxor squelch coad.

Yup if the defenders of fair play would have just but out.    By this I mean vets who squawked and posted films about vulching the griefers. The DA would be KS off. Sadly they couldn't mind there own business so everyone  must be punished.
They remind me of the cranky old man down the street who stuck his nose in where it didn't belong.

Thank you DA cranks.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Juno

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2006, 11:30:53 PM »
Say it isn’t so the DA is all messed up because a few people got cherry-picked and couldn’t handle it
Well join the club we have all had to deal with that. I for one give the person the benefit of the doubt the first time explain the rules and offer to help if needed
The second time I get a nikki with 50% fuel and 900 round of ammo and there is no third time if you know what I mean.
All I know is before the change the DA always had people in it
After the change haven’t seen one person in the DA
Kind of sad actually

Btw I intend to keep bumping this thread until all is right with the universe

Offline Juno

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2006, 06:06:56 PM »
bump

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2006, 09:57:53 AM »
Switch it back, please.

JMFJ

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2006, 01:12:07 PM »
Originally posted by Juno
Say it isn’t so the DA is all messed up because a few people got cherry-picked and couldn’t handle it

Nop, the DA is like this because HT put it back the way it was supposed to be (not used).  Problem is not fixed, it just became worse.  Last night we had a retard in a 163 interupting our fights.  This is not a fix.  More of and insult and punishment to the guys that have been subscribing to this service for years in hopes that some guys in their 2 week free accounts would stay.  Don't blame the people that asked for help.  If we knew this was the kind of help we were going to get we would have never asked.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline tk0329

• Zinc Member
DA
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2006, 01:45:28 PM »
I signed off HT since they changed DA to the present "kill shooter". I will sign back on if they change it back.If you take away part of what customers are paying for some will leave. It is the ultimate capitalistic weapon.
TK

Offline tk0329

• Zinc Member
Agree
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2006, 03:09:13 PM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
I think most of you know my vote, which is to give us back the old DA.  

Now I've been on AH exactly one year, and the old DA was what I knew when I started and was part of what I was paying for at the time, though I had know way of knowing it was "unintended usage".  Whether HT intended it or not, they provided it, they allowed it, and were perfectly willing to let me think it was part of the 'package' and let me pay for it.  

Now they take it away in a very unfortunate manner and say it wasn't intended to be used that way as justification.  People seem to be unhappy about this left and right, but they still don't seem to care.  I find that very unsatisfying and believe they are now just being stubborn about changing it back.

All this means that for quite a number of their customers, they have significantly diminished the enjoyment of the game, and reduced the incentive to keep paying for it.  Probably not to the point of mass exodus, which is the only thing I suspect that would make them care.  Still, some people may get tired of the game sooner than they otherwise would because one enjoyable element of the game is no longer available.  Seems like a very counter-productive  business plan to me.

Offline tk0329

• Zinc Member
AGgee
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2006, 03:14:41 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 03:19:31 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2006, 03:20:28 PM »
this petition is not to target HTC or thier business.

please refrain from attacking the company when you state your opinions if you want them to listen.

(edit: man skuzzy, you're too damn fast)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2006, 03:25:57 PM »
This one is done.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com