Author Topic: Rush Tired of Lieing?  (Read 714 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 11:36:34 AM »
Originally posted by eagl
Also, go back and read the edit: responding to VOR at the end of my previous post.

By your logic, I'm a liar, and so is every salesman on the planet who has ever attempted to show that their product is better than another product.  If one small part of the other product is better than theirs, then damn the overall product quality, the salesman is automatically a liar.

Liar is right. Any salesman that misrepresents his product is a liar. Any salesman that needs to stretch the truth to sell a product is a liar. We have many salesmen. They are not given "lies" to spread they are given a list of the attributes of our product. If they say something that isn't true.. it is a lie and it hurts the company and costs them their job.

Amazing how much you are defending this.. simply amazing.

And LePaul, I've listened to Air America about 4 times in the past 2 years. But you just keep on thinkin...

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 11:43:21 AM »
Rush's thing is conservatism, not Republicanism--- it happens that Republicans are the best vehicle to accomplish that end (last 6 years aside)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 12:12:38 PM »
There is something I just don't understand here. MT, if you don't like Rush, why do you listen to him??? I've heard some of his stuff and other "conservative talk shows" since my old boss was a fan and had the radio on all the time in the hanger. Since I retired over 2 years ago I haven't listened to a single show. I didn't care that much for Rush, or Savage or the others and simply let it drop. You on the other hand seemn to ahve an obsession for this guy. Why can't you simply listen to something else or just ignore it like I did when the boss changed the channel from music to the talk stuff???
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2006, 01:27:38 PM »
Actually they followed the Karl Rove playbook exactly. While it worked for a number of years, this election cycle changed and Rove didn't acknowledge the change.

DISAGREE!  DISAGREE DISAGREE DISAGREE!

The only thing that changed is that the republicans did not follow the play book.  Just as much as republicans forced democrats to play their game, the democrats didn't do anything and as such, the republicans then played the democrats game.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 01:34:42 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
DISAGREE!  DISAGREE DISAGREE DISAGREE!

The only thing that changed is that the republicans did not follow the play book.  Just as much as republicans forced democrats to play their game, the democrats didn't do anything and as such, the republicans then played the democrats game.

I was watching Real Time with Bill Maher....again same principle, the guy is an entertainer.

He stated something so simple yet so profound and so true.  The democrats did not WIN the elections......the Republicans just lost it.  In other words the republicans screwed up so badly the green party could have beat them, the dems didn't do anything unique, they just happen to win.

There's a key factor here in Rush's statement...."there's alot at stake"

The people got tired of picking the republicans over the democrats because they are the lesser of two evils, yet to me and other conservatives (actually I'm still a south park conservative, google it) the Democrats fighting the war on terror is a scary thought....hence there's a lot at stake.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2006, 03:27:05 PM »
A democrat calling someone a liar, that's rich.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2006, 03:31:30 PM »
The people got tired of picking the republicans over the democrats because they are the lesser of two evils,

Disagree again.  The people didn't get tired of picking the republicans.  The republicans didn't remind the people why they got voted in on the first place.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2006, 03:58:28 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Disagree again.  The people didn't get tired of picking the republicans.  The republicans didn't remind the people why they got voted in on the first place.

I would agree with that as well.  I think my statement referrs to more of the swing voters.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2006, 04:05:49 PM »
As hard as he tried to Clinton could not end the Reagen era.  George Bush finally ended the Reagen era of conservatism with his unique brand of semi intelligent bafoonery.  Took him nearly six years but he did it.

I wonder who will lead us out of this Bush induced darkness?

:cry
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 04:07:40 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
As hard as he tried to Clinton could not end the Reagen era.  George Bush finally ended the Reagen era of conservatism with his unique brand of semi intelligent bafoonery.  Took him nearly six years but he did it.

I wonder who will lead us out of this Bush induced darkness?

:cry

Rewt fer Newt!

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
Rush Tired of Lieing?
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 04:29:39 PM »
Originally posted by VOR
Ever been in the military? :rofl

Exactly VOR, when the Monica thing came out with Clinton, the CO came out to talk to the company and explain that if we were found to be talking bad about the pres for it we would be infront of his desk for an article 15.  We had 2 in the company who were standing in front of his desk later that week giving back some money and time to the gov.