Author Topic: Make Lanc and Buff guns tougher  (Read 264 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Make Lanc and Buff guns tougher
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2001, 07:49:00 PM »
Probably not Karnak, but a competent buff pilot can manuever so that the "sucker" has no choice but to come up and face the tail guns.  

As a general rule, I don't geekdance.  I make course corrections sometimes, and I'll turn 180 degrees on the various bombing runs, but I don't sit in the tail gun station and fly the buff to make sure that the enemy has to come up my 6 if he wants to attack me.  

You are right though, most of the time they just fly right up your 6 anyway.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2001, 09:56:00 PM »
I've found that diving from above pretty much eliminates any advantage they can get by "geek dancing".

I don't think that their guns are too much of a problem.  If bombers are to be anything other than free kills their guns have to be more effective than they were in reality.

I do think that bombers handle altitude much, much too well though. I'd love to see that fixed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2001, 04:48:00 AM »
karnak its well known that by far  most buff sorties are flown by 2 week wonders and newbies.

Most fly buffs at lo alt and into large numbers of nme while screaming for a gunner.

Combine that with vulch/carbomb kills and suicide missions of course buff k/d will be skewed.

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
I think the buffs are just about right...
Even with the Laser guns...

I came from Air Warrior, where buffs were just like big flying boxed targets...
The pilot couldn't jump to gunners positions...  So was therefore defenseless unless you had a gunner that had to fly with you from take off to landing (no joining in mid flight)

The Guns are hot... but they need to be hot... To make it equal for buff drivers...

I don't fly buffs very often in AH... but I know where these buff drivers are coming from...  It needs to be Hard to kill a buff..

My .02 cents worth

BOOT

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
Allow me to repeat myself:

In this situation, the unperking of the Ta-152 H-1 would do wonders: it's the plane for attacking buffs. It lacks the  maneuverability to be an effective fighter vs. fighter plane, but it will do great vs. high alt buffs. And the buff drivers will have to fly in formations, as they did historically (though it's up to your discretion). And don't change the buff gun modelling.