Author Topic: Buzz Bombs  (Read 789 times)

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Buzz Bombs
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 01:52:45 PM »
I think these are a great idea... but not as directly player useable...

Just imagining here: say each side should get at least (2) V1 bases, deep(ish) in their territory. (One pointed at each enemy countries strat locations/HQ)

Once per hour, 4 hours, whatever, each base fires X number of V1s -> let's say, for arguments sake that each V1 base has 12 V1s.  Assuming none of them have been destroyed since the last launch (after they fire, new V1s would appear and be vulnerable to air attack), countries get a warning 30 minutes or whatever prior to launch.

When the V1s are fired, say 4/12 head for enemy HQ, 8/12 head for strats.  They can be intercepted on the way to their target or destroyed before launch.

Each V1 then has whatever % chance of hitting their intended target(s), but one would assume that at least a couple would always hit.

It would add something to the game, imho, and who WOULDN'T want to up a Meteor/Tempest/Etc to go after them?

Moreover, it'd be awesome to bomb the crud out of enemy V1 launch sites too  :x

Pretty much my take on it as well.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 11:43:08 PM »
Actually, I was interested in seeing what it was like to use the V-1, and what it was like to try to shoot them down.  Even though a lot of people feel that Aces High is "gamey", this game has given me new respect for the pilots of WWII.  If the buzz bombs are too inaccurate to be used against a normal town or base, then they can be used to attack the strats.

If the modeling was done accurately, it could be very educational, and maybe even fun.   :airplane:
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 08:52:33 AM »
who WOULDN'T want to up a Meteor/Tempest/Etc to go after them?

people who don't much care for non maneuvering targets. 

some poeple don't get much out of killing a guy who's afk either.. even the offline drones turn in a circle. both equally exciting, IMO.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 09:47:57 AM »

some poeple don't get much out of killing a guy who's afk either.. even the offline drones turn in a circle. both equally exciting, IMO.

A valid point, sir.

However, the timing required to intercept a V1 usually meant that you had one shot... and if you missed, people died... so, as far as recreating historical engagements go I would say this would be "different" not better or worse.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 09:53:49 AM »

Quite a few people love going for injured aircrafts, whether 1 wing or not.
JG 52