Author Topic: Picking  (Read 7737 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Picking
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2013, 02:40:10 AM »
titanic you will never own anyone in anything. . .

The whole reason nrshida brought the argument in here is because this is where the DA crybabies hang out and he knows he can get support here. In reality his own ACM is about dirt poor and that is not up for argument.

Keep trying titanic. One day you may actually hit that tiger on the concrete. . . with your face probably.

This is shocking to bring up Shidas ACM  :old:
He IS trying to improve but he finds it very hard due to his obsession with Bruce Springsteen :old: 
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2013, 02:42:17 AM »
This is shocking to bring up Shidas ACM  :old:
He IS trying to improve but he finds it very hard due to his obsession with Bruce Springsteen :old: 

Shut it Zack, I can nearly take off unassisted now  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2013, 03:01:01 AM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2013, 03:26:31 AM »
I didn't see any lemons  :headscratch:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Shade

• Zinc Member
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2013, 04:19:01 AM »
you haven't read the thread have you?  nobody said don't use your altitude advantage, altitude has nothing to do with picking....  get it?   So, your "go to DA" hard talk is off point.  The thread is about picking.   :aok

Bloody hell.  I've been trying to follow the thread, but I've picked up at least 3 different ideas of what 'Picking' is.  I had to pick one and go with it.

Okay, so it's 'Picking off someone who is already engaged'?  Then the DA comment is still valid.  Only this time, it's not altitude advantage, but numeral advantage.

If the idea of there being more than one con wanting to kill you, then the DA is for you.  Not the MA.

Heck, how do you know that you've been 'picked'?  The pilots could have been communicating, and you just got taken by pilot acting as Bait and Drag.  Or is using a tactic like Bait and Drag, and setting you up for the other pilot to easily kill, 'unsportsman' like?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2013, 04:51:50 AM »

Heck, how do you know that you've been 'picked'? 
Some of us have played this game a bloody hell long time.... and we bloody hell know what a pick is, and we bloody hell know who does it exclusively.... we have stated that we bloody hell think those that only cherry pick furballs and outnumbered cons are bloody hell lame...   

and by the bloody hell way, you sound like you just want to bloody hell argue...    :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2013, 05:01:23 AM »
Bloody hell.  I've been trying to follow the thread, but I've picked up at least 3 different ideas of what 'Picking' is.  I had to pick one and go with it.

Okay, so it's 'Picking off someone who is already engaged'?  Then the DA comment is still valid.  Only this time, it's not altitude advantage, but numeral advantage.

If the idea of there being more than one con wanting to kill you, then the DA is for you.  Not the MA.

Heck, how do you know that you've been 'picked'?  The pilots could have been communicating, and you just got taken by pilot acting as Bait and Drag.  Or is using a tactic like Bait and Drag, and setting you up for the other pilot to easily kill, 'unsportsman' like?
You are either insanely stupid, or never been in the DA.

I DO pick. I DO BnZ. But when there is a fight between more or less equal planes, i wont run to my ack, i wont ask my countrymen to jump in and ruin my fun - the fight.
If you have to dog pile, tag team, what ever someone, thats like shouting out loudly: I AM WAY INFERIOR TO THIS GUY, ALSO I DONT HAVE BALLS FOR A FAIR FIGHT, NOR WILLING TO IMPROVE. Way to go.
Of course, in a 10v10 furball, i wont try to fight 1v1s, i will even drag a spit, but never when its a more or less equal 1v1. Because sometimes those happen too. And that puts a smile on my face.
AoM
City of ice

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »
Shida still uses the Stall Limiter  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »
Shida still uses the Stall Limiter  :old:

Ssssh. Stop giving away my fuel conservation secrets.  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »
Well, what is your opinion of that guy... the one that jumped in an already outnumbered fight for the red guy to steal the kill...  the OP wanted you to discuss picking....  please don't say "it was my own fault"...  we'd rather know how you really feel about what that guy did and what you think of that type of play...  'I see a familiar name' you say, so you know he's not new, and I sense you know he is known for doing this... what is your opinion on a vet who always seeks out that type of engagement?

He's a good stick.  He can and has beat me 1 v 1, so no, I don't think he necessarily has to pick to get kills.  Even though his plane choice is sometimes associated with something other than turn fighting, I doubt very seriously he has a reputation of picking with anyone.  Quite the opposite, actually.  That was kind of my point in some of my earlier posts.  The definition of a "picker" is different for many who've posted.  Known ACM knowledge, percentage of kills gotten through picking, etc. are just some of the qualifiers.  To me that doesn't matter.  A pick is a pick.  If you despise the act, why does it matter who's doing it?

Given that I can't control the actions of others (and as we've discussed, sometimes 'picking' is totally in bounds), I think it's on me to develop the skills to counter the numbskullery I'll no doubt encounter.  The flying of a few pilots I've seen in my limited time support this.  There are those who are so hard to pick as to be nearly impossible.  If you so choose to pick them, your timing and angle had better be pretty much perfect.  I see no reason why I can't develop my SA/plane control to something that resembles that.  

That said, I'm not above rage kicking a puppy when stupid stuff happens.  What I've noticed though, is I'm kicking the puppy because I wasn't smarter than the other guy.  When I feel like I did everything I could to avoid death but still got towered, I feel remarkably serene.  My puppy is then safe.   :D    

:salute  
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:03:21 AM by Triton28 »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-