Author Topic: iPhone or Samsung ??  (Read 616 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: iPhone or Samsung ??
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Typo. $199
We'll I've only had flip phones and never had smart phones. So far I like it. No complaints. Each to his own I guess
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2013, 01:33:50 AM »
I have an iPhone 5s(through work), a Motorola Photon as a back-up, and a Samsung Galaxy S4 as my personal phone...  They are all good..  I guess it depends on what type of used you are...?
iPhone take better pictures....  iPhones have better recording capabilities(records at a much higher bit rate than Android phones).   I have recorded live shows, presentations, etc. and they more than listenable(pretty good actually)..  Try recording a live band with an Android phone (up close) and you'll get over-driven static that will not be listenable..  The video and pictures will be better..  People can claim all they want about Android phones have 1080p video..  iPhone takes much smoother, fluid, better looking video..  if you are using it as a social tool, it's great...

However, I prefer Android phones..  My Galaxy S4 in particular..  It just has more usability..  I can do much more with it..  It is faster..  I don't need proprietary software or cables to import and export files..  I can network it(connect to wifi-network and transfer files)..  I can customize it..  Apps for Android are much more plentiful..  If you are one who doesn't like to tinker, get an iPhone..  If you like to truly "own" your phone, get an Android..  I would go with Samsung...  Motorola has broken too many promises..  They put out a phone and stop updating it 6 months later..  My poor Photon(great phone) is stuck at Gingerbread after they promised to update it to JellyBean... :furious
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2013, 07:08:02 AM »
I have an iPhone 5s(through work), a Motorola Photon as a back-up, and a Samsung Galaxy S4 as my personal phone...  They are all good..  I guess it depends on what type of used you are...?
iPhone take better pictures....  iPhones have better recording capabilities(records at a much higher bit rate than Android phones).   I have recorded live shows, presentations, etc. and they more than listenable(pretty good actually)..  Try recording a live band with an Android phone (up close) and you'll get over-driven static that will not be listenable..  The video and pictures will be better..  People can claim all they want about Android phones have 1080p video..  iPhone takes much smoother, fluid, better looking video..  if you are using it as a social tool, it's great...

However, I prefer Android phones..  My Galaxy S4 in particular..  It just has more usability..  I can do much more with it..  It is faster..  I don't need proprietary software or cables to import and export files..  I can network it(connect to wifi-network and transfer files)..  I can customize it..  Apps for Android are much more plentiful..  If you are one who doesn't like to tinker, get an iPhone..  If you like to truly "own" your phone, get an Android..  I would go with Samsung...  Motorola has broken too many promises..  They put out a phone and stop updating it 6 months later..  My poor Photon(great phone) is stuck at Gingerbread after they promised to update it to JellyBean... :furious

that's where the xperia Z1 steps up, bringing build quality and a superior camera to the android OS

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2013, 09:30:45 AM »
Bought both my wife and yougest daught S 4s and they love it. I still use the S 3 and have no complaints.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »
My GS3 has been chugging right along doing everything I want it to do, as fast as I need it done for the last year or so.  If I were to upgrade right now another Samsung would definitely be at the top of my list.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2013, 06:40:42 PM »
Thanks everyone for the input

Samsung won and i love the s4...

its sho shexy!!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 07:28:47 PM »
A bit tardy to the party but I am very happy with my s3. Android is great apps out the ying yang. Great ones for tracking offroad runs awesome free mp3 downloader and ringtone maker all free all great. As to htc I had one before thos and new going in to it I was getting a windows phone so you think as a long time windows user on pc I would have known better. Constant crashes and oddities just like windows. But sturdy phone.
For my s3 I went with the otterbox defender and now it feels like a phone in my hands and takes a beating. Good camera too. Enjoy it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2013, 09:27:51 PM »

its sho shexy!!

jimmy, these are excellent cases:

http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/8829.htm    I happen to have the Surface case for my S3.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »

its sho shexy!!

I'm due to change phones next month. Can you try an experiment for me? I use my phone as a tethered modem for my table top 'puter. The current phone, a samsung stratosphere is pretty unreliable. I had heard that that particular modle had some software and hardware issues so I am not certain the performance is due to the model phone or not. Could you tether yours for an experiment and see hos it performs? You just use the USB charging cable to connect to the 'puter instead of the charger module.

I dropped Hughesnet for internet last summer and use the phone exclusively now as we are still traveling full time.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »
I have a Motorola Droid Razr M...have had 2 of them they are an awesome phone I love it...I'm hell on phones and in the water business they tend to not last long...the screen is some super screen that doesn't scratch but I still use a screen protector and it can get wet with me with no problems (haven't submerged it though) gets good signal and the 4g works well...battery is internal can't remove it or nothing but it stays charged a long time sometimes don't have to charge it for 2 1/2 days...IMO its a good phone....had a S3 biggest piece of junk I've ever had
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde