Author Topic: Add fighter production factories and vehicle production factories to the strats.  (Read 827 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: Add fighter production factories...
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »
That feature in Air Warrior (ability to destroy the Spitfire factory and deny Spits to that side) was so unpopular that it didn't last long at all.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Add fighter production factories
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 12:14:24 PM »
+1, make em defended by 163 bases and about twice as hard os the HQ, requiring a large buff raid to kill it

I think I have another addition to my list that people should do when considering a game play idea.

The first was always ask yourself how something can be exploited.

The new one is now always replace the word them with ME, and see if it still sounds fun.

so does

"+1, make ME defended by 163 bases"

Still sound as fun?

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Add fighter production factories and vehicle production
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
Hitech,

You gonna get in trouble with the federal "Department of Conformity Thinking" by demanding critical thinking just to post in your kiddy game forums. We was supposed to get all we needed to know from the Dept of Ed.

Feelings = Logic

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re:factories and vehicle production factories to the strats.
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 02:50:28 PM »
Thank fully HTC said he would not allow something like this to happen in the MA....

thankfully he has made a sandbox game for COMBAT not a WW2 "war" game. :rock

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Add fighter production factories and vehicle
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »
I think there's a place for an all-phase WWII game with strats tied to field availability. It's just not the MA. I could, otoh, envision a very fun saturday of wargame play that featured two sides, both of fixed number sof players. Each side would start with a set of bases, all stocked with AvA-suitable equipment at various counts, per the scenario. All of these "stocked" vehicles could be destroyed as targets whether manned or not and would be replaced, so long as the strat producing was still "up".

Obviously, though, to make this work, it'd need some time and some dedicated players playing probably over several frames that could be snapshot frozen at quitting time, then restarted.

I really like the idea in that context but, no, it is not a good MA idea. It's more like an uber kewl special event.

Why don't you put somebody right on that, HT?

Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re:factories and vehicle production factories to the strats.
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 08:20:19 PM »
Thank fully HTC said he would not allow something like this to happen in the MA....

thankfully he has made a sandbox game for COMBAT not a WW2 "war" game. :rock
QFT :aok
"War in the Pacific" is a good one if one wants a strategy game.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."