Author Topic: Tie forum access to subscription status  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: Tie forum access to subscription status
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2014, 10:05:08 PM »
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:49:39 AM by Skuzzy »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »

Oh, and those that think forum access is a 'right'...well, it's not.

ack-ack
It's kind of like the Duck Dynasty incident....everyone was like "oh freedom of speech" but I'm pretty sure he signed somewhere that made it so he knew if he embarrassed the TV station he could get booted.

In Aces High you must follow the forum posting rules which is the top post in every furom in bold letters(if you don't know now you know!!!)

completely agree with you.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2014, 12:39:53 AM »
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGggggggg.. ..(Ratsy rattles) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Another scribbler has fallen on his own pen.  Predictable.

I think it's cool that unsubscribed, veteran pilots have a place to stay in touch and make recommendations if they want to. 

[Requiem for a Passed-on Scribbler]
However, while most of the posts in this thread make a contribution, the overriding tone and language of the thread - a single example of thousands just like it - have attributes of a larger problem in this game's outside-the-arena culture.  It is what it is...no different than a lot of others, I suppose.  It is embarrassing though because I still have to justify 'playing games on the internet' to friends and family.

I used to wear a patch on the backside of my jeans.  Written on it was this:  "You can't change a man's mind by beating his mouth closed".  While this was a passion in the 1970's, it stuck with me.  I am reminded of it every time I sift through the boards.

I've quietly been around this community since beta and launch - with some breaks for real-life.  I've steered clear of the boards until I recently discovered the treasure of valuable information pertinent to game-play and a chance to improve my bombing and gunnery in real-time courses announced on these boards.  I've been mining the good stuff only since January.  There's a lot of "waste" to wade through to get it, however.

Rather than see others censured, I will confine my own use of the boards to read-only for just the FSO and Scenarios boards and ask Skuzzy to refund my stinking two cents-worth of personal opinions each month.  Ha! I'll have that much-desired discount! 

I don't think I have 500-kills. I've never posted much (never heard of him). I tool-shed because it's fun trying (and often failing) to out-wit Snailman, Bruv, and Tan.  I've probably read Boelcke's Dicta, Malan's Rules, and I possibly have a signed copy of Robert Shaw's book from the first-ever Aces High convention in Irvine, Texas.  I have no problem admitting my misunderstandings or mistakes.  I respect the opinions of others and I know that I do not have the right to threaten a person I disagree with.  In a Bizarro world, these are all shameful weaknesses, perhaps.

The game is still a personal challenge and that is why I keep p(l)aying.  I never log as many hours as I want to.

So now I'm going to re-join the ever-dwindling Ranks of the Silent who are likely chuckling over the time that was wasted on this thread.  The Ranks of the Silent is a place that scribbler's go after they fall on their pens.

All this time, I could have been in the MA flying with Channel 200 deselected.

I apologize for the rant, but be reverent.  I died the scribbler's death in the first sentence.   :angel:
[End Requiem]

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »

As for the constant accusations of skyyr's tactics being running for all accounts..

I have fought him in the MA, DA and have yet to see him "run" as so many players keep claiming...
nor have I seen him run while winging with our squaddies flying any where from 3 to 8 online flying together... All of us was new to any and every game we have ever played...

Give the fella a break...

TC

check PMs TC

I was gonna post that here...but I dont want to be Rule whatevered......