Author Topic: Switching Arenas when HQ goes down  (Read 2503 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Switching Arenas when HQ goes down
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
All they want to do is "fight".

imagine that.. in a combat game.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2015, 09:11:05 AM »
Nobody bombed and bailed after killing hq in the above mentioned instance.

I never understood why people don't simply fly out to hq and see what's going on instead of whining.

Those who did fly around hq to take a look did not employ any stealth.........unlike the HQ destroyers.

Next time you go out to investigate where you suspect the enemy is, try flying there NOE rather that flying a banner (dar bar) that says "I'm on my way".

The fail is not in the sim or settings but rather in the players.

The 113th spent an entire evening doing just that.  The problem with that approach was and still is, the bombers are at 33,000 feet.  So we picked the most logical route and attempted to cut them off on their approach, the problem is that most could arrive on target (HQ) and drop their load and bail before we could do effective damage to the aircraft.  Guess what, doing that for an entire evening wasn't much fun for the 113th.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »
So Traveler, if he doesn't, is it back to no answer no peace Baltimore style?

What are you talking about?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
Play or leave, there will be others, all you want is to make it easier....easy sux.

I left already.  Not gonna fly around in a giant empty arena without radar to find the fight.  As said before, who could dare want to encourage fights in a combat game?   The outrage!

Perhaps if htc had posted his reply a bit sooner I would have stuck it out.  The frustration level just isn't worth it any more as presently set.  When it gets fixed I will be back. 

There will be others but the ratio is decidedly not one to one. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2015, 08:48:41 PM »
Nobody bombed and bailed after killing hq in the above mentioned instance.

I never understood why people don't simply fly out to hq and see what's going on instead of whining.

Those who did fly around hq to take a look did not employ any stealth.........unlike the HQ destroyers.

Next time you go out to investigate where you suspect the enemy is, try flying there NOE rather that flying a banner (dar bar) that says "I'm on my way".

The fail is not in the sim or settings but rather in the players.

Fly to the HQ NOE?  And what, exactly, do I do when I get there when I'm at 100 ft and the attacking bombers are at 37,000 ft?  By the time I climb to 37,000 ft the bombers will have destroyed the HQ and finished their second in-flight movie on their return trip.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 09:20:31 PM »
Fly to the HQ NOE?  And what, exactly, do I do when I get there when I'm at 100 ft and the attacking bombers are at 37,000 ft?  By the time I climb to 37,000 ft the bombers will have destroyed the HQ and finished their second in-flight movie on their return trip.

No, he means those times when people are supposed to just do a flyover of the HQ area on the off chance either NOE aircraft or GVs are there.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »
No, it's not a "legit" complaint. It's a whine. It's part of the game, intended to be there. what, in my opinion, HiTech recognizes, is that people are whining and won't let it go. Not only that, they won't up and resupply, defend or anything else. All they want to do is "fight". I've spent plenty of time resupplying, and most of those helping don't complain.
Sometimes a business owner should tell chronic complainers to go find something else, and it's legitimate, because if they lose one reason to complain, they just find something else. This SOOOOO goes back to the time of people whining about the side change rule, another ridiculous whine, that was correctly followed by the ban hammer. Play or leave, there will be others, all you want is to make it easier....easy sux.

SEE Hi-Tech's statement.. "IF it was an easy fix I would have already done so".  The majority of the player base see's it as a major issue, and the game's creator now acknowledges it as an issue. So how was this NOT a legit complaint ?   

So in YOUR opinion, it's balanced that A single player can Negatively effect 100 other players who pay ? That A single person can destroy the most strategic target in the game ? That the players that PAY to have fun should be forced to spend their time circling HQ waiting for a single 30k contact, or making multiple cargo runs, only to have to repeat it over and over and over ???  it's YOUR opinion that YOU are correct, and Hundreds of others players, Most who have been in this game A LOT longer than you are wrong ?   :headscratch: 
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 06:23:24 PM »
No, he means those times when people are supposed to just do a flyover of the HQ area on the off chance either NOE aircraft or GVs are there.

Wiley.

You guys don't investigate whether the enemy has used stealth to arrive where the average player would not expect?

I do quite often and am rewarded with exciting hunts and stalking of enemy GV who drove to my country's strats......and then destroying them with my tank.

It's surely more fun than upping a F4U with 2x1000s and simply bombing the guys.

A lot of you guys who are complaining seem to lack the ability to anticipate the enemy even the slightest bit and even flashing dar bars and dar dots aren't enough to clue you in.

That's not the fault of the sim.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:27:09 PM by icepac »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2015, 01:44:43 PM »
Here it goes in a nutshell........

Folks have CONSTANTLY posted about their displeasure of the experience of being without radar coverage for extended period of times due to HQ downtime.

Most of these posts, also hint to their reduction in time in the game due to such experiences.  Yet, there are a FEW players who continue to knock down their opponent's HQ for extended periods of times.  Most of them know that such action will result in less interaction from that opponent's players.

Some of these players do it for strategic advantage, some for score??? (skill enhancement???), some because of revenge, and some for pure aggravation of the offended country.  In any case, a very swell strategic system that works for everything besides the radar component, has been GAMED.

I think that we can let this topic rest with HiTech's input in this thread.............  and yes, wait and see.  (Although, I admit that a general cease fire from all country attacks on HQ would be wonderful "in a perfect world").  :salute

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »
It's nice to hear from the great HiTech himself! Since it's not as easy of a fix as we had previously thought I would not be surprised at all if we are getting an entirely reworked HQ system with the new update! Now we just have to be patient and wait for the update to be finished.  :aok

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 02:05:19 PM »
I'm wondering, if you cast your minds back, was this a problem say, 2 years ago? I don't remember it.

I'm really glad HiTech posted, a simple explanation goes a long way to defuse irateness.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 02:12:19 PM »
I'm wondering, if you cast your minds back, was this a problem say, 2 years ago? I don't remember it.

Until late 2012, HQ had a much shorter max downtime (fixed 45  minutes) and were somewhat easier to resupply. Now a HQ could stay down up to 165 minutes.
Now we also have fewer players abvilable for defense and, more importantly, for resupply. On a map like the one currently up, the HQ is usually down for 100+ minutes and it's a long flight (1.5-2 sectors) in a goon, with each drop only beign worth 4 minutes. With only a handfull active players on at times, you can about forget resupping it.
Much more players online also meant more battles you could find even without dar.

So you see, it's different causes adding up.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:16:26 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2015, 03:07:15 PM »
Here it goes in a nutshell........

Folks have CONSTANTLY posted about their displeasure of the experience of being without radar coverage for extended period of times due to HQ downtime.

Most of these posts, also hint to their reduction in time in the game due to such experiences.  Yet, there are a FEW players who continue to knock down their opponent's HQ for extended periods of times.  Most of them know that such action will result in less interaction from that opponent's players.

Some of these players do it for strategic advantage, some for score??? (skill enhancement???), some because of revenge, and some for pure aggravation of the offended country.  In any case, a very swell strategic system that works for everything besides the radar component, has been GAMED.

I think that we can let this topic rest with HiTech's input in this thread.............  and yes, wait and see.  (Although, I admit that a general cease fire from all country attacks on HQ would be wonderful "in a perfect world").  :salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 07:44:41 AM »
Even 2 years ago, I don't remember a country allowing the city to be bombed down to nothing totally unopposed.

Today, it happens often with zero defensive resonse.