Author Topic: First time in Beta  (Read 1668 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: First time in Beta
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 07:51:44 AM »
Any video card suggestions?

My current rig will barely run the Beta.

My self and a few others are running a GTX 750 and can run Beta. Granted not everything is turned on, but there is a lot of graphic options turned on. So i would suggest at least a GTX 750 or better depending on your budget. Try looking around the hardware section, there's usually a good bit posted in there and those guys can help you a bit better.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 07:53:53 AM »
I'm running a GTX970 which can be had for a more reasonable price than the newer cards. It runs AH Beta with clouds, shadows, etc (the default settings) and 4 or 5 guys nearby at 60+fps (vsync limited...I have not tested without vsync). This is on a 4 year old Asus M5A97 with an AMD FX4100 quad core and 16GB RAM, Win 10 pro (64). Smooth.
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 07:54:01 AM »
My self and a few others are running a GTX 750 and can run Beta. Granted not everything is turned on, but there is a lot of graphic options turned on. So i would suggest at least a GTX 750 or better depending on your budget. Try looking around the hardware section, there's usually a good bit posted in there and those guys can help you a bit better.

:salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 07:55:10 AM »
The fuzzy instrument panel in planes unless you use default fov.  The news paper, cartoon strip, like colors that you see from air to ground and the lack of color, contrast in the general land terrain.  The trees are really bad from the air.  As I posted before the ground level views from a gv or landed plane are much improved.

I don't mean this to be a slap on HTC face.  Just feedback as I see the beta.

I suggest you try using SweetFX. Great program for changing the colors and what not. For me, it makes both AH2 and Beta look better. Or you can try using .sliders and play with those a bit to get what you want.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:05:25 AM by BowHTR »

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 08:11:01 AM »
It is not an illusion.  Latitude is one of the inputs to the terrain generator made by the terrain designer.  AH3 accurately models the stars and the moon.  So, for example, if some historical mission occurred on a full moon night, and you input the proper date into the game, then the game will show a full moon as well, accurately placed in the sky.  I know... I've checked the beta against a planetarium program.

You must have even more spare time than I...

But as I said, I love those small details.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »
I suggest you try using SweetFX. Great program for changes the colors and what not. For me, it makes both AH3 and Beta look better. Or you can try using .sliders and play with those a bit to get what you want.

yes sweet fx will be the icing on the cake, worth using.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 10:33:54 AM »
Any video card suggestions?

My current rig will barely run the Beta.

I suggest you ask this question in the hardware and software forum. There has been lots of discussion there. Here are a couple of threads to check but if you start a new one asking that question you will get the most up to date info.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,379689.0.html

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,380043.0.html

I think a lot of players will need to upgrade for AH3.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 09:58:50 PM »
The fuzzy instrument panel in planes unless you use default fov.  The news paper, cartoon strip, like colors that you see from air to ground and the lack of color, contrast in the general land terrain.  The trees are really bad from the air.  As I posted before the ground level views from a gv or landed plane are much improved.

I don't mean this to be a slap on HTC face.  Just feedback as I see the beta.

You either need a better video card or someone to set it up for you.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 11:12:06 PM »
I have a $120 video card (a GTX 750 Ti), a 2-year-old $500 Dell computer, and I get 50-60 fps with default settings.

I don't think AH3 is all that demanding on hardware.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 01:40:56 AM »
Exactly what I was going to write.  :x

You either need a better video card or someone to set it up for you.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »
I have a $120 video card (a GTX 750 Ti), a 2-year-old $500 Dell computer, and I get 50-60 fps with default settings.

I don't think AH3 is all that demanding on hardware.
I think some of the vets are still on windows 3.1 (if you hear them talk)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
I think some of the vets are still on windows 3.1 (if you hear them talk)

I run DOS  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 08:59:28 PM »
I suggest you try using SweetFX. Great program for changing the colors and what not. For me, it makes both AH2 and Beta look better. Or you can try using .sliders and play with those a bit to get what you want.

I wouldn't use SweetFX during the beta period if you're going to be doing actual beta testing as some of the settings in SweetFX can give the impression there are bugs with AH3, like blurry text.  Which is why, even though I have already created a AH3 preset, I don't use it while beta testing.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 09:43:38 PM »
I wouldn't use SweetFX during the beta period if you're going to be doing actual beta testing as some of the settings in SweetFX can give the impression there are bugs with AH3, like blurry text.  Which is why, even though I have already created a AH3 preset, I don't use it while beta testing.

Agree 100%. That's one thing that's great about SweetFX; you can easily turn it on or off while in game.