Author Topic: Ah for free????  (Read 2280 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: Ah for free????
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2017, 06:30:29 AM »
 :D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2017, 08:31:19 AM »
gotta say.. match play rules..

OK, so allow me to once more display my ignorance:  Where does one find this fabled match play arena?

- oldman

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »
after you log in. click the "free" tab to view free arenas and the match play arena.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2017, 09:33:21 AM »
Awsome!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:12 PM »
gotta say.. match play rules..

will be spending more time there, rather than chasin turds in the ma.

instant fights, who could ask for more?

I wouldnt be surprised when the free arena is more action packed then the MA.

Keep manning those guns and running supplies girls!   :aok

I had a great time with you and Kingpin the other night doing matches, even though most of the time I lost. :salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2017, 11:57:49 PM »

i know this might be heresy but it would be nice when no one is in the free room if there could be an AI enemy or three.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2017, 07:11:34 AM »
after you log in. click the "free" tab to view free arenas and the match play arena.

match play arena ?   I see no such arena.   When I click on the free tab, I am presented with two arenas, one named "Dueling"  and one named "WorldwarI" am I missing something?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2017, 07:48:28 AM »
match play arena ?   I see no such arena.   When I click on the free tab, I am presented with two arenas, one named "Dueling"  and one named "WorldwarI" am I missing something?

Go into the dueling.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2017, 10:12:00 AM »

i know this might be heresy but it would be nice when no one is in the free room if there could be an AI enemy or three.

Good idea!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2017, 10:56:52 AM »

be careful them AI use hacks like aimbot and zero G lock.  Much better challenge than 90% of the human arena though  :t
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2017, 11:02:33 AM »
During the alpha when we first tested the AI missions, the a6m could merge, turn, then dive with an F4u 7000ft to the deck and stay with it for miles while the F4u was running WEP.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »
I like that idea, give a few airplanes free to noobs and once they see how the game is played they will want to join in all of the fun. If not that I think that the free trial period should be increased to at least 3 weeks to give more time to learn the game as it is a fairly steep learning curve for someone that has never played before.

The Fugitive - understand your concern on the risk of offering 'free' could result in even fewer subscriptions.  That said, if 'flying limited planes for free' is risky, you have to admit that it hooked hundreds of thousands of subscribers to War Thunder.

Free for limited for select early war airplanes, and expanded is $15 a month for 'all in', it's way cheaper than War Thunder - which is a great selling feature for us here at HTC.

I would give the freebies the P-40B, Spit I, Bf-109E-4, Hurricane I, C202, I-16, and the A6M2 Zero. That basically covers all countries relevant in WWII - American, British, German, Italian, Japanese, and Russian aircraft.

And i would actually let them into the MA.
- Let them SEE the Fw-190D9 fly past them.
- Let them see a B-17 bomber formation take off or B-29's fly overhead
- Let them see tank wars on the ground as they fly around
- Let them take off from a carrier and see the cruiser pound an airfield with their 8" guns and the AAA open up on enemy aircraft.
- Let them see what the game can do while they're stuck in their early war ride

...and then we get to speak to them over air and in range. And that is where we hook them into signing up for the full package.  If they don't bite, they would never be a customer anyway.
Tour 70 2005 to present