Author Topic: 737 almost beaches  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: 737 almost beaches
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »
Yeah, same here.  20 years in the 73-100,200,300,500,700,800.  The NGs were most definitely more fun, comfortable, and most importantly....faster.

Was definitely foaming at the mouth to get a crack at the MAX but, had a birthday and got fired.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:27:51 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »
Yeah, same here.  20 years in the 73-100,200,300,500,700,800.  The NGs were most definitely more fun, comfortable, and most importantly....faster.

Was definitely foaming at the mouth to get a crack at the MAX but, had a birthday and got fired.

<<--- Got old, got retired - haven't flown anything since 2006
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2017, 09:38:17 PM »
<~~~~. Lyme Disease, haven't touched an airplane in 9 months, although I did go to recurrent a couple weeks back.

Thank goodness I work for a great company that is keeping me employed, but this sucks and I hope to hell I make it back.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2017, 10:23:53 PM »
<~~~~. Lyme Disease, haven't touched an airplane in 9 months, although I did go to recurrent a couple weeks back.

Thank goodness I work for a great company that is keeping me employed, but this sucks and I hope to hell I make it back.

You will.  The treatment for it is not often applied appropriately.  Just make sure you have good docs. 

I've got a medical coming up.  Hoping I pass.   Had a few friends get the kabosh in my age group.  Scary. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 10:39:18 AM »
Never give up!  Don't let anyone give you the "you'll never fly again" line. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2017, 02:16:28 PM »
Never give up!  Don't let anyone give you the "you'll never fly again" line.

Honestly, if you were to tell me right now that in the snap of a finger everything could go back to normal, but I could never fly an airplane again, I would take that trade without a doubt in my mind or a single regret.

Until you lose your health in a major way, you don't realize how trivial everything else is.  Even airplanes, which have defined my entire life in some way or another become unimportant when you lose "normal".

Crap of it is, the lyme and whatever else I may have is hitting me neurologically.  I've been dizzy/lightheaded, basically drunk feeling for nine months straight.  I've had the equivalent of an astronauts/presidential health work up, and the only thing that comes back positive or abnormal is blood work for lyme, plus the EM rash I had when this all started.  I just cant freaking beat it unfortunately.  I am going to beat it, I know that.  I'll never give up, but man this is sure a fight.

This isn't exclusive to pilots, but I hope the dudes that fly professionally really consider my story.  Early thirties, healthy as an ox, flying brand new business jets to every corner of the globe and happy as a pea, and in the snap of a finger whole world gets turned upside down.

Thank goodness we have been smart with our money and lived within our means.  We make a crap ton of it, and although we could have bought a much fancier house and cars, we didn't and that is proving to be invaluable.  Even at 60% of my salary (disability), we can still pay every single bill and still save a little.  We're not taking annual vacations to the Caribbean anymore, but other then that, financially we aren't disturbed too much.  I can't imagine going through a major health issue and on top of that having to worry about how you will pay bills.

I don't even know how I got started on this.  Be smart pilots of AH.  We work in a profession where health is everything, and losing a medical can happen to anyone.  That and, enjoy each click into your five point harness before each flight...You never know...

<S>
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:29:33 PM by cav58d »
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 02:19:49 PM »
Very well said. 

As one of my fellow pilots used to joke with me on a gusty day,  "Stick with it--don't give up."

:salute
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2017, 02:37:29 PM »
Kinda reminds me of this joke:
----------
A minister dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates. Ahead of him is a guy who's dressed in sunglasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket, and jeans.

Saint Peter addresses this guy, "Who are you, so that I may know whether or not to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?" The guy replies, "I'm Joey Shasta, retired pilot, of Pittsburg, PA."

Saint Peter consults his list. He smiles and says to the pilot, "Take this silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom." The pilot goes into Heaven with his robe and staff.

Next it's the minister's turn. He stands erect and booms out, "I am Joseph Snow, pastor of Saint Mary's for the last 43 years." Saint Peter consults his list. He says to the minister, "Take this cotton robe and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom."

"Just a minute," says the minister. "That man was a pilot and he gets a silken robe and golden staff. How can this be?"

"Up here, we work by results," says Saint Peter. "While you preached, people slept; while he flew, people prayed."

:)
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech