Author Topic: Fool me once, shame on you....  (Read 1429 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Fool me once, shame on you....
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2003, 06:22:30 AM »
Wulfe, surely you can see the connections? Big oil - oil fields in Iraq. Iraq not like US - puppet regime will.

It's not like Iraq suddenly did *much* more than they have in the last 10 years. It's not like the announce that they weren't gonna follow the nuclear nonproliferation plan. They didn't suggest they'd unleash 'a sea of fire' in the US - nor did they suggest that they already had or could build at least two nuclear devices. Yet Bush plays hardball - and that's because its in American interests to control Iraqi oil fields. In NK there are some water buffalos and a little rice. Had NK had oil like Iraq, Kim Yong would have been taken care of long ago. That diddlyer is even worse than Saddam - starving millions of his own people. He's responsible for more deaths than Saddam. So I'd say take them both out.

Yeah, he's a megalomaniac murderer. He didn't kill his own people with gas though; you'll notice that Iraq is divided into tribal groups. 'Own people' means your own tribe - no one else. So when he gassed some Iraqis, he wasn't gassing his own - at least not in his mind. Of course it was an evil act.

Having said that, I think he's an utter bastard who should be forcibly removed from power. OTOH, I refuse to be blind to the economic ties between the administration and the private economic sector (oil). And that's all I want proponents of the war to admit - that the primary motive (or at the very least secondary) is $$$. And incidentally Cheney and others stand to make a buck on it.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2003, 06:28:38 AM »
Santa if we just wanted Iraqi oil why not just buy it from saddam hussein? He is the one desperatly pushing for an end to the oil trade embargo, not the USA....  And could not be a significant price advantage either way, it is a worldwide highy structured market for oil prices. And I think we all know what Hussein would want the money for - going by his past behavior.

All of your little Bush oil conspiracy theories fail to resolve that little detail, dont they?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 06:31:28 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2003, 06:48:17 AM »
Ive said it before Grun: Do the research. Do research on American Foreign Policy. Or try American Oil Policy.
Try searching history Iran, history Iraq.

No matter what we say you will only beleive what you want. So do research at a Library, Go to your National Archives.
Stop arguing from an uninformed and Rabid Nationalistic stance.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2003, 08:43:03 AM »
I can't get over how full of crap some of you are:)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 08:48:37 AM by Rude »

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2003, 09:13:26 AM »
Maybe we should pull out the 37000 American troops along the DMZ and relocate them to our own borders....just let the world deal with these regimes since Europe and others abroad seem to think we are so bad of a people and nation.

When something does go wrong and threaten the US, we'll just nuke em and go about our business....maybe that's preferable to trying to thwart, pre-empt or contain current threats....let our enemies strike first, then kill all of them, women, children, livestock and property. The policy would be simple and clear to understand by everyone....when we catch terrorists, let's just cut them up into little pieces and mail them to hamas or wherever we feel they come from. Kind of a leave us alone and you'll be fine foreign policy?

Bush should just quit and let Edwards or Gephardt deal with the war on terror and the rest. It's too hard to do something because it's right...expediency feels much better.

What do you guys think?

You were saying, Rude?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2003, 09:42:37 AM »
"The US Government has announced that it will release $95m to North Korea as part of an agreement to replace the Stalinist country's own nuclear programme, which the US suspected was being misused.

Under the 1994 Agreed Framework an international consortium is building two proliferation-proof nuclear reactors and providing fuel oil for North Korea while the reactors are being built.

In releasing the funding, President George W Bush waived the Framework's requirement that North Korea allow inspectors to ensure it has not hidden away any weapons-grade plutonium from the original reactors. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/1908571.stm?

Beautiful!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2003, 10:23:59 AM »
Originally posted by UserName
Troll!

;)

Hehe

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2003, 10:27:25 AM »
How bout one of answer my question....   Guess not huh?

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2003, 10:39:35 AM »
Originally posted by Ping

The aren't in anyone elses territory, nor lobbing missiles at Israel.

:rolleyes:

Yet.
We will go to war to protect our children and our childrens children. Should have been done 10 years ago. You think its all about oil, so be it. I need my 1.25 a gallon for my SUV.

Point is we are going to liberate Iraq.
If you like it or not does not matter.

And Happy Birthday to me, 45 today.  

:cool:

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2003, 10:47:45 AM »
Santa, you did notice that all of the N. Korea hoopla started shortly after demands for Iraq to allow UN inspectors in came through the wire?

You did notice the mention of NK's nukes and it's programme by NK didn't happen until after we demanded Iraq allow inspectors in?

NK hasn't become a big problem until after we demanded that the UN inspectors be allowed in... and that's why Iraq is being dealt with first.

But ignoring all that, I keep hearing people say "No war, we want peace"

You ain't gonna have peace until that crazy somasqueak is removed from power in Iraq... it'll just be an illusion.

The whole "this war is about oil" is just like anti-war activists calling American soldiers baby killers in Vietnam... it ain't true, but it makes a nice poster.
-SW