Author Topic: Gunnery model adjustments and ammo types  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Gunnery model adjustments and ammo types
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2003, 10:09:30 PM »
Originally posted by Tilt
How can you tell?

I do not see how it could  be tested? (other than a basic lethality comparison)

Make sure that you have tracers turned on and up in a P-38.  Now press the trigger to fire a one round burst.  In AH you are able to fire one round bursts but in real life if you tried, all four machine guns would have fired on the P-38, not just one as they do in AH.  When you try it look at the ammo counter as you fire and you'll see by the count that only one round and not four was fired.  Now you'll see muzzle flashes as if the other machine guns had fired simultaneously but that's just window dressing and only gives the illusion that all guns are firing simultaneously.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2003, 01:57:09 AM »
Same effect with 110G2 20mm gun pack, it seems they fire one after another.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2003, 10:03:40 AM »
Ack-Ack, You can not use the tracers as a reference for testing, there are 5 bullets per 1 tracer.

Did some simple testing here and I can fire 1 bullet about 1/3 of the time, using ammo counter for the mesure,by tapping the F key as fast as I can.

In the real 38 the first bullets out of the gun on a triger pull would not be at exatly the same time , they might be fired closer to the same time then in AH, but there after they would all be out of sync. To simulate this we would have to put in random firerates vs fixed fire rates for all guns.

And also unlike what you said, if you see the muzzle flash a gun has fired. It could  just a non tracer round.

The thing to rember is if you fire a 1/2 sec burst in AH or in real life you will get the same number of bullets fired.

HiTech

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2003, 12:34:45 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
In the real 38 the first bullets out of the gun on a triger pull would not be at exatly the same time , they might be fired closer to the same time then in AH, but there after they would all be out of sync. To simulate this we would have to put in random firerates vs fixed fire rates for all guns.

Good idea :D

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2003, 12:51:06 PM »
Originally posted by ccvi
Good idea :D

Lol, I can see it now:

Originally whined by Sikboy
Is it just me or is the firerate randomizer on the Yak9U really porked? Whenver I engage a Spit my ROF drops by 3/4. HTC needs to fix this right now, or I'm going to cancell my sub. And a LOT of other people feel the same way!

:)
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2003, 09:01:29 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
In AH you are able to fire one round bursts but in real life if you tried, all four machine guns would have fired on the P-38, not just one as they do in AH.  

Re the test ........I just did one using the target and it did correlate between the round counter and the holes I could count..... so I think I must stand corrected it seems that AH does model individual .5 cal bullets..........

I then discovered something else.......... the gun sight compensated for the tragectory of the primary weapon!

At 600 yards the sight was lower on the target than at 50 yards This may help with my crap gunnery I have always raised the gun sight for longer shots..........

(yes lead computing was off........... yes i had waited long periods for the speed and horizontal to stabalise)
Ludere Vincere