Author Topic: Wash your mouth out  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2004, 03:15:18 PM »
Cheat!sung to the tune of "Sign"

Cheat! Cheat!
Everybody cheats!
If they shoot me down, they must be a cheat!
If I see a warp, then I know they chee-eeaaat!

Now hey there fella, I saw that.
You warped as I was shootin and that's a fact.
I filmed it, gonna send it asap.
You ain't supposed to do that!

And the sign says anyone caught cheatin'
will be shot on sight!
So I typed on channel one I said ...
I saw one the other night!
I was bearing down on him, he was already dead
then alla sudden he warped away
came around and shot me instead

Ooooohhhhh

Warp warp, everywhere a warp
everyone's cheatin', they know how to warp
it's just no damned fair
I wish I could waaaaarp

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2004, 03:31:06 PM »
Sundowner, I think he is being vague on purpose so as not to give anyone ideas. There are more precise ways of messing with packets than wiggling wires. And again, there is no need to get into such a discussion.

Offline Sundowner

• Silver Member
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2004, 03:42:41 PM »
I dont wont him to post "how" it's done!
A simple film of ASDL being used to warp will suffice without any of the "hows" included!  lol
All we know for sure so far is that is possible to do it with cable.

"Fantastic proposals require fantastic evidence."
Freedom implies risk. Less freedom implies more risk.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2004, 03:58:39 PM »
Simple way to detect all the cheaters in AH
look up my records from 7/01-8/02 and Puuh from9/02-5/03, and whoever shot me down, is a CHEATER!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2004, 04:10:18 PM »
Sundowner, are you new to AH or just new here on the BBS? Anyways welcome! :)

If you spot me in the MA roster one day, say hello and we'll go to the TA. You can film while I cheat, it takes two to get it on film.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Sundowner

• Silver Member
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2004, 06:48:17 PM »
Thanks for the invite:)

Not new to AH  
Just dont post much to the Forums :)

Player ID is
Sundownr
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 06:51:40 PM by Sundowner »
Freedom implies risk. Less freedom implies more risk.

Offline Aminalz Rule

• Zinc Member
      • http://ryochiba.blogspot.com
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2004, 07:53:16 PM »
I am so bad at this game, it doesn't matter if other people cheat or not. They still kill me in the end. I never cheat, nor I never intend to, but how often do cheaters like these come up in your games? Do they cheat often, or just rarely?

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2004, 08:07:21 PM »
Very rarely. I can only recall a couple of "incidents", however they were bad enough to ruin the fun. I know HTC does not like that we discuss cheating on the BBS, but I don't know whether HTC is aware of the problem, ignoring the problem, or working on solving it. In my experience there is no solving it. You can only lessen the problem by making it difficult for the cheaters, however there are measures that can be taken in a subscription game like this. The AH chat is being moderated, it is time player behaviour was moderated too. It is clearly not possible for HTC to directly "moderate" every player, however we, the players, can report strange behaviour to HTC, and let them make the call if it is cheating/gaming, and take the appropriate action to prevent it. Like I said, HTC doesn't like us talking about cheating, but sooner or later HTC will have to face the problem ... or potential future problem.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2004, 09:03:31 PM »
::reads what this thread has become and walks quickly away, whistling.  Hoping doesn't accidently get caught under the big boot that is surely going to fall on some of the posters in this thread::
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2004, 09:07:22 PM »
Well, all i have heard for the last week is that when the office opens monday, my account is going to be cancelled, my computer burned and my family murdered.

I have a feeling that HT is dealing with the issue in a righteous manner. LOL

Anyway, if I am dead tomorrow, it's been nice knowing yah!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2004, 09:45:34 PM »
Originally posted by HavocTM
Well, all i have heard for the last week is that when the office opens monday, my account is going to be cancelled, my computer burned and my family murdered.

I have a feeling that HT is dealing with the issue in a righteous manner. LOL

Anyway, if I am dead tomorrow, it's been nice knowing yah!

Hmm, believe the last guy that posted something similar here got banned for a month. 'Course, you would need to ask DmdBT (Lonz) to be sure :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2004, 08:49:04 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Simple because it's always "some one else" doing it.

HiTech

Since all you got from me so far is whinnig,  I would like to take the opportunity to say that I have played a lot of online games.  None of them for more that a month because of cheating.  What a mess.  Unless you had the book wwith all the cheats you were dead in seconds.  So, congratulations to HT for having a game that is not easy to cheat on.  I've been here for a year and the closest I hove gotten to cheating is hearing about suspisions of it.

Good job guys :aok

Back to whinnign now, :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Wash your mouth out
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2004, 10:14:38 AM »
My belife is it dosn't happen. Im sure it has been tried. But think what realy happens when you disconect. You fly straight while you are disconected, and also the plane you are fighting also warps just exactly like the player who discoed.

There are other more likely conditions which can cause a plane to jump back. These I will not discuss "so don't bother to ask" because they involve very propriaty techniques.

The accusations of cheating are much more of a problem than any cheating happening.

Ultimately, the decision is up to HTC and my point in starting this thread was to raise awareness. We don't tolerate vulgarity, racism, or sexism, and I think this should be on the same level.

This type of statement is exactly the problem. Raiseing awareness is exactly what shouldn't be done. Bring a problem directly to us is what should be done.  By starting this thread im sure there are now people trying it, and finding out it dosn't realy give you any advantage.

Im about ready to take the flip side and ban anyone who makes a false acusation of some one cheating.  It can hurt AH just as much as any real cheating can.

So Im closing this tread, And be warned I will no longer tolerate ANY discusion of cheating on this bbs. If you feel some one is cheating Film it and send it to HTC.

HiTech