Author Topic: The MA has invaded the Beta Arena!  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The MA has invaded the Beta Arena!
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2004, 10:22:40 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
What, TOD?

Thats TOAD not TOD :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2004, 10:24:36 AM »
Flossy....forgot one word after MA....mentality.

This will become the MA....everyone understands that.

No problems shutting down HQ's with me.

No problems jabo or bombing bases with me, nor taking them.

Most people in this game...well over 90% I dare say are here for air to air combat...very few just Bomb, or just Jabo.

Just asking to leave at least one base alone that is being used for 3 sided fights.....so that all 3 countries coud mix it up air to air.
Why is it that reading comprehension skills are poor here?

That should leave 3 HQs. and at least 80 bases as well as factories and facilities free for bombing , straffing, and capturing.
Not much to ask.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2004, 02:09:35 PM »
Hear, hear!

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2004, 07:49:01 AM »
Capture and field/strat attrition needs beta attention too...........

Infact currently there are bugs in that area that need addressing and testing................

This request is really the old "fighter town wish"  moved to another arena.............there is (nearly) always a 3 way point some where on the map.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2004, 01:20:08 PM »
>>The MA mentality unfortunately has permeated the Beta Arena.
Hey...it's your money I understand that, give it a break for a few days willya? <<

Hajo:
When AH1 was in beta, HT asked me and a few others to fly goonies so that he could see if the FM and arena settings were working; we did it, and it helped him tweak that aspect of the game before it went live. I am not clear about why all aspects of AH2 shouldn't be used while it is in beta right now?
It seems to me the old MA versus CA arguments are starting to permeate the beta arena.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2004, 10:56:47 PM »
Don....again....my post did not say" Do not capture any bases."

Read my posts again.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2004, 01:17:24 AM »
Like Hajo is adequately, but not successfully, trying to get across:

Test EVERY aspect of the game, by all means, really. Gooning strating, porking and whatnot.

But why does porking and capturing have to happen where people are dogfighting? That center island is a good place where all three countries can fight eachother,  why interfere with that? When we have more people in the arena this won't be issue, but now with about 50 people in it helps that all 3 countries have fields close to eachother.

We're just asking that some aspects of the testing be done in other areas of the map.

We're not opposed to base capture.

It's a simple request that the center island can be a place for all countries to meet.

Yours, humbly...

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2004, 04:19:58 AM »
Because if the porking happens off in the boonies... the people that can't fight feel ignored by the people that can.

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2004, 05:26:26 AM »
Yes, rejection can be very hard to handle.

The people that pork and capture the bases on the center island in AH2 doesn't really do it for noble betatesting reasons, they just do what they normally do in the MA. Hence the title of this thread. Ah well, I guess it is important to betatest winning the war.

I pulled a CV up to an enemy field, didn't touch the strat, didn't shell the town or in any way try to capture their base and waited for people to up hoping for fights. A perfect setup with close access to the fight for both sides.
They did up.
Only to, over several attempts, sink the CV group. They completely ignored me and one other guy trying to fight. We were completely outnumbered and all they did was to sink the CV.

In the MA I find this to be of meaning, I do participate in the capture game in the MA. Why should the AH2 arena become the MA before it really is?

They even bore right by me strafing the ships until they were killed by the ack! That is not even common in the MA! "Ah... no score or stats. That means I can have fun strafing the CV without penalty..." sheesh

Ofcourse this is a whine!