Author Topic: The USA  (Read 8199 times)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The USA
« Reply #345 on: July 13, 2004, 05:58:03 PM »
Bug,

Yeah we had Dutch Air Support but these guys were Norwegien.  I was a little busy but I want to say the German was in a Tornado.
This was in Afghanistan.
Crumpp

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The USA
« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2004, 06:00:42 PM »
Originally posted by storch
The United States of America has fought and paid with the blood of it's generous people for the liberation of more people around the world than any other country, ever.  I'm truly, truly thankful for the opportunity that this great nation offered myself and my people.  I am very proud to be an American.

I wonder if Romans said the same thing?

...-Gixer

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The USA
« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2004, 07:38:03 PM »
I wonder if Romans said the same thing?

I am sure they did.  Just as the Germans probably told themselves the same thing about Poland.  

There is a huge difference though.  The US is not looking for Empire, our nation has always been uncomfortable ruling others.  It comes from our own beginings as colonies which won their Independance.  No we just want folks to stop flying planes into our buildings.  

Contrary to your belief the world IS a safer place after Iraq.

Crumpp

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
The USA
« Reply #348 on: July 13, 2004, 07:49:05 PM »
Originally posted by mietla
both Germans surrenderred?

No, look carefully, the one on the right is trying to sneak away.

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The USA
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2004, 07:54:42 PM »
Thanks for your support Jayclark and demaw.

Crumpp

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
The USA
« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2004, 05:51:26 AM »
Originally posted by Lazerus
    While most countries have done many things that are abhorent, I think that the United States would rank among the historically most altruistic of nations.

GScholtz
In your short history as a nation you have made many, if not all of the same mistakes other countries have made, including genocide, political persecution and apartheid. I do not consider the USA to be more good willed or altruistic that most other democratic nations.

Yes, in our short history we learned the mistakes that other countries and cultures took many centuries to learn and overcome. We as a people have overcome these flaws faster than any nation, by your own admission. If you do not consider the United States to be more good willed or altruistic than most other nations then you are blind to your own facts by those simple facts.

Originally posted by Lazerus
    Of course we have out faults, and of course we have made mistakes, but the intentions and ideals of THE PEOPLE of the US are undeniable, and your relentless PR against the general and common goodwill of the people of my country causes us to doubt your intentions.

GScholtz
I am not conducting a "relentless PR" campaign against the "general and common goodwill of the people" of your country, nor do I presume to speak for anyone but myself, unlike you.

Your posts speak for themselves. They tend to be wholly anti-American. I'm sorry if you don't/won't/can't see that.

I 'presume' to speak only for myself and my fellow countryman that have expressed the same views as I.

:Originally posted by Lazerus
    I'm glad we were able to give you the opportunity of freedom that you have, and the ability to speak your mind, but the ideals that have sprung forth, and the information that you take as truth, regardless of the facts that are presented to you, make me hope that you are not representative of your fair country.

GScholtz
The USA has not given us "the opportunity of freedom" that we have. The USA was only one of many nations that fought against Germany in WWII, and none of them liberated Norway. As for being representative of my countrymen ... no I am not. I am considered to be very Pro-American by my friends and colleagues.
[/i]

Yes, Norway has a great tradition, and there are many great people that have come from there, and their resistance to Nazi Germany was more than admirable, but.......................... ....., would they have recieved that surrender?..............if not for?...............?All of the countries that fought helped,but............I think if you go back and look, there was a turning point.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The USA
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2004, 06:15:51 AM »
Wow...this thread has grown :eek: