Author Topic: Are humvees really death wagons?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.twinkies.com/index.asp
Are humvees really death wagons?
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2004, 01:28:52 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Mike/wulfie, did you fly a kc-135?

No. Why do you ask? :)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2004, 01:31:09 PM »
Thought maybe you might be another 'mike' ... hehe sorry for the mix up.. 8)

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2004, 01:38:03 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Thought maybe you might be another 'mike' ... hehe sorry for the mix up.. 8)

They day I was at the controls of a KC-135 would be the day that eagl began having very foggy, frightening nightmares. Think along the lines of Obi-Wan in Star Wars. "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of fighter pilots needed in-flight refueling and were unable to get it because the KC-135 was all over the sky." :)

Mike/wulfie

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2004, 01:42:54 PM »
Originally posted by SunTracker
The B-2 is rated as one of the top 10 worst aircraft of the century due to its 1.1 billion dollar price tag (per plane).

There are plenty of high level military planners in various Nations who would be very relieved if the U.S. got rid of all those B-2s tomorrow.

Mike/wulfie

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2004, 01:49:12 PM »
Hey, Wulfie... if the A/P is working, tanker driving isn't too tough. OTOH, if the A/P is inop, you need to be "Mr. Smooth" or some folks are going to call you nasty names.

Of course, the only time you'll ever have an A/P fail on ya is when you're refueling in and around thunderstorms. It's sorta Murphy's refueling law.

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Tinpot

• Copper Member
Yes it is
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2004, 02:26:51 PM »
yes the Hummer  is a death wagon.

Its a battlefield vehicle fer chrissakes.

I mean now people with more money than sense are driving the bloody things on the road!

Do that and it becomes a death vehicle for anything the myopic mobile phone, burger eating, studmuffin smoking idiot behind the wheel inadvertantly has a coming together with.

Keep em on the battfield. Then pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists, drivers of sensible road cars might have half a chance.

I saw one on the road over here in the uk. One person driving it talking on his mobile at 90 on the motorway. F***ing idiot.

I kept well away from that pillock on my motorcycle.

Rant over

Upshot is yes they are bloody deathtraps for everyone not in one.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: Yes it is
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2004, 02:57:40 PM »
Originally posted by Tinpot
I saw one on the road over here in the uk. One person driving it talking on his mobile at 90 on the motorway. F***ing idiot.

Man, you wouldn't survive 10 minutes on a Houston road. Trucks & SUVs heavily outnumber small cars here. It's too far to walk anywhere. It's too dangerous for me to buy a bike. Not enough people speak english to understand the signs. Too many people have cell phones. Just this morning I was almost t-boned by an Excursion, being driven by a lady so short she was looking THROUGH the steering wheel. Yes, she was putting on makeup, and talking on her cellphone. Not too long after that, an H2 decided to pull into traffic from a stop, into the HOV lane (high occupancy, 2+ or 3+ passengers, all going 70mph+)... I don't know how the car in front of me managed to stop, and I'm amazed I didn't slide into them both.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Yes it is
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2004, 03:06:44 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
Man, you wouldn't survive 10 minutes on a Houston road. Trucks & SUVs heavily outnumber small cars here. It's too far to walk anywhere. It's too dangerous for me to buy a bike. Not enough people speak english to understand the signs. Too many people have cell phones. Just this morning I was almost t-boned by an Excursion, being driven by a lady so short she was looking THROUGH the steering wheel. Yes, she was putting on makeup, and talking on her cellphone. Not too long after that, an H2 decided to pull into traffic from a stop, into the HOV lane (high occupancy, 2+ or 3+ passengers, all going 70mph+)... I don't know how the car in front of me managed to stop, and I'm amazed I didn't slide into them both.

Hey I think I saw you on my way to work this morning.:p