Author Topic: Boeing Loses Again  (Read 1309 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2005, 04:41:12 AM »
My opinion is the same as NEXX/replicant's on this. I travel on both, and have no particular preference. If anything, the Airbus models tend to be newer.

I've noticed the trend to Airbus lately, with easyJet now operating A319 in addition to its fleet of B737. Why is this happening? Is there some reason why fleet operators prefer the fly-by-wire planes? Just asking, as I'd be interested to find out.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2005, 05:32:17 AM »
IIRC transition for the pilots from one Airbus to another model is really fast compared to Boeings due the similar cockpit layouts etc and this saves money for the companies.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2005, 10:21:37 AM »
Originally posted by Replicant
I agree that this post has turned into a huge pissing contest and I don't know whether the original post was intended as that or not, but it obviously has been interpreted as that.  The original post is just a quote from a newspaper so..... news is news, like it or not.
Let me help make it a bit clearer for you:

"Boeing loses again".

Of course, the author will tell you otherwise in an attempt to make hismelf look saintly, but there's not much room for discussion when the thread is started with an attack.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2005, 11:03:56 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
...there's not much room for discussion when the thread is started with an attack.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2005, 11:12:53 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
We're discussing civilian aircraft pinhead...apples to apples please

Try and actually read what I'm saying and understand before making a pinhead reply yourself.

....-Gixer

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2005, 11:19:07 AM »
Ya... trolling... gotcha RPM.  Somehow you think that's different than just being an bellybutton for the sake of it.  As if it attaches some sort of cleverness to it.

But thanks for finally cracking and admitting I was right.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2005, 11:20:11 AM »
Actually, it was directed at your comment.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2005, 11:27:38 AM »
Rigggght.  Because I just threw out a comment for the sake of reaction... that wasn't based on an expressed viewpoint in this thread... that wasn't supported by numerous other posts.

Yah... I was just messin with ya dude.

Riggggght.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2005, 11:49:36 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Let me help make it a bit clearer for you:

"Boeing loses again".

Of course, the author will tell you otherwise in an attempt to make hismelf look saintly, but there's not much room for discussion when the thread is started with an attack.

When I first saw the thread title I immediately thought of Boeing losinig again, as in not getting the contract for the JSF.

$h1t happens, no need to cry, even the best lose.
NEXX

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2005, 11:55:01 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
My opinion is the same as NEXX/replicant's on this. I travel on both, and have no particular preference. If anything, the Airbus models tend to be newer.

I've noticed the trend to Airbus lately, with easyJet now operating A319 in addition to its fleet of B737. Why is this happening? Is there some reason why fleet operators prefer the fly-by-wire planes? Just asking, as I'd be interested to find out.

I fly British Airways or Lufthansa (inc. British Midland) and they have a mixture of Boeing 737s or Airbus of varying sizes (for the route I fly).  I prefer the Airbus because they're newer, but I don't mind 737s as long as it gets me to my destination.

Perhaps Airbus have increased sales due to political reasons?  Some governments subsidise their national airlines or have other conditions where they must buy a certain percentage of home built aircraft.  Since Europe consists of many countries that means the possibility of buying more European planes over other foreign manufacturers.
NEXX

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2005, 12:33:05 PM »
Oh... RPM... try using your own ID when registering at the FDB BBS.  I know you don't think it's quite as clever, but I'm sure you'll get over it.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2005, 12:46:55 PM »
I thought you would enjoy that.:D
Stay thirsty my friends.