Author Topic: HTC: T-34 not getting used. please add T-34-85  (Read 999 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
HTC: T-34 not getting used. please add T-34-85
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 07:55:44 PM »
The T34 in the game is way to well armoured vs the Panzer IVHs pak 40.

Course everything in Ah is way to well armoured.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 09:44:18 PM »
I think our current T34 and current Panzer are a good match vs each other.
At long ranges the panzer has the advantage. Within 500yds they are pretty well matched, if going head to head both are hard to kill. get a side shot on the t34 and its engine is out, a side shot on the panzer isnt as effective. Hit the side of a t34 turret, the turret is disabled. Hit the side of a panzer turret, the panzer blows up.

If you want an all gv arena, go to H2H, create an arena and disable all planes, disable tiger too if you want panzer vs. t34 with suicidal m8s running about.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2005, 12:54:15 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
I think our current T34 and current Panzer are a good match vs each other.
At long ranges the panzer has the advantage. Within 500yds they are pretty well matched, if going head to head both are hard to kill. get a side shot on the t34 and its engine is out, a side shot on the panzer isnt as effective. Hit the side of a t34 turret, the turret is disabled. Hit the side of a panzer turret, the panzer blows up.

If you want an all gv arena, go to H2H, create an arena and disable all planes, disable tiger too if you want panzer vs. t34 with suicidal m8s running about.

Thats what we say to the people who want a furball place on every map, yet it doesn't seem to be good enough for them, so why should it be acceptable to gv'ers?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2005, 04:31:33 AM »
Octavius:
"I still cant believe you diehard GV types actually use that anti-aircraft argument... in... ACES... HIGH!!
"Dear Santa Hitech... please, nothing but vehicles!"
lol
I can totally understand a common ground compromise... add a few planes, add a GV. But 100% GV, 100% anti-air, thats farkin ridiculous"
You will have to enlighten me on where I stated I wanted 100% GV's & 100% AA ?

In WWII more A/C were shot down by Anti-Aircraft fire than another plane.

TOAD:
"You could put every WWII armored vehicle that ever drove in the game and you guys would still complain and still drive the same 5 or 6 vehicles over & over. I'd put money on that one"
Don't know bout that, I guess it's a possibility, the "GVrs" have 5-6 vehicles worth using. You have how many plane choices?

TOAD:
"What needs to be done is open a second arena just for ground vehicles. Take something with no real player support, like the CT, build some GV terrains (Kursk, whatever) and turn you boys loose to clank all over in peace"
I think the GV's have a good chunk of player support. If you don't support them or like them, that's fine, a lot do

The game Aces High is what the community makes of it {and the name is just that, A name} not a discription of what the game is all about. If this were the case HTC's main page would read:
"Aces High takes the art and science of vintage WWII air combat
and sets it in an online high intensity environment where
hundreds of players can battle it out with and against
each other.  High fidelity air combat is the heart of
Aces High, but it doesn't end there, oh wait it does, we only want our customers to fly airplanes all day and night!

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2005, 08:25:37 AM »
onions i don,t know where you get your info but the panther had a 75mm gun,no wy more powerful than a 88mm.

The largest tank gun of the time was the Konigstiger with a 71 calibers 88mm.The tiger tanks gun was a 36 calibers 88mm.

I have checked the net everywhere too find a all GV game,and this is the only 1 that you can play that has more than 50 people in the same room.I think HT should take advantage of this fact and exploit it.Come out with more Gv's and give them thier own arena too fight in.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2005, 02:45:18 PM »

No, anti-addition-of-new-aircraft, pro-addition-of-only-vehicles.

But, if you're not in that crowd, then you need not feel threatened by that post. :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2005, 02:50:50 PM »
Originally posted by 1Klink
onions i don,t know where you get your info but the panther had a 75mm gun,no wy more powerful than a 88mm.

The largest tank gun of the time was the Konigstiger with a 71 calibers 88mm.The tiger tanks gun was a 36 calibers 88mm.

I have checked the net everywhere too find a all GV game,and this is the only 1 that you can play that has more than 50 people in the same room.I think HT should take advantage of this fact and exploit it.Come out with more Gv's and give them thier own arena too fight in.

Tiger I 88mm is 56 calibers.

Panther's 75/L70 is more powerful than Tiger I 88mm.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2005, 02:59:14 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Tiger I 88mm is 56 calibers.

Panther's 75/L70 is more powerful than Tiger I 88mm.

Yup.  By a significant margin.

- oldman

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2005, 03:19:24 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
GRUN,

The first T-34/85s entered service in 1943.  It was not in response to the Panther, but rather the Panzer IV with the 75mm/L42 cannon and the Tiger I.

Further calling this T-34 a 1943 T-34 as opposed to a 1942, or even a 1941, T-34 is disengenous as from the stand point of this gae it changed unnoticably in that time period.  It is a T-34/76 and while it certainly did face Panzer IV Hs and Tiger Is (although I'm not sure the Tiger was actually 99.5% immune to it in reality) it makes for a hangar queen in a game.  We need some competitive tanks.  What we have is a 262 eqivilent (Tiger I), an unperked F4U-1C equivilent (Panzer IV H) and a P-40E equivilent (T-34).

We need more choices that are competitive at the top end of the free tanks along with the Panzer IV H.  The T-34/85 is one of those.  Possibly the 76mm Sherman too.  Those three tanks should be the top end free tanks.  Then add in some perk tanks like the Panther V G, IS-2, Pershing and Firefly.

The T-34/76 was still in wide use by the Soviets until the end of the war. I have many pictures from Seelowe to Kurland that show T-34/76s by the handful.

Calling the few T-34/85s 'in service' in '43 is quite disingenuous. As much so as any of your comparisons.

GVs are quite stupid to begin with but simply flipping the balance form the P-IV to the T-34/85 is no more realistic or 'competitive' then it is right now.

After all a P-IV is there for anyone who wants it. The fact the T-35/76 doesn't get used much is no big deal. There are many other aircraft and vehicles in AH that get little usage as well. Most of them a lot more fun then some gv.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius

No, anti-addition-of-new-aircraft, pro-addition-of-only-vehicles.

But, if you're not in that crowd, then you need not feel threatened by that post. :)

Ok, roger that!

As far as "new" A/C for the game I'm all for it {stating for the record}
If HT wants to add a new plane every other week, I say lets help them do it!
HT also knows there is a great deal of players that enjoy doing other things besides fly planes and dogfight.