Author Topic: Flight controllers/Joysticks  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Re: Stiff stick?
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2005, 10:34:52 AM »
Originally posted by LivetoDie
I have the X45 and one way to help "soften" the feel of the stick, without lube, is to put a small panduit around 2 or 3 rings of the spring to help compress it. It was too stiff for my liking when new and now it is buttery soft and easy to use without the jerky effect.
Try it you'll like it! If not, it's easy to remove...

Yeah, I think I tried everything imaginable on my old X45 to fix the stick. Once the "cup ring" broke off I put a wooden "donut" into the depression for the saucer to rest on. (cut it in half and slid each side under the saucer) That worked better than the original ring did, but not great. One of these days if I feel ambitious I'm going to redesign it and attach springs to the gimble inside it and remove that centering spring. This way I can give the X45 to my grandson when he's ready to fly. He's only 2 1/2 so I think I have some time:
:lol

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Flight controllers/Joysticks
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2005, 10:38:16 AM »
Originally posted by 345
I can also recomend the CH joysticks. I just got the Quadrant Throttle myself and after some playing around in the setup I love having seperate engine manifold levers and a combined RPM lever. This left me with 3 levers to use for trim and I find it is a lot more intuitive with a actual lever vice pressing a button.

One thing I do think you can get better then CH is the pedels. I recomend the SIMPED Vario-pro if you are going full out on a HOTAS setup. Much wider stance then the CH and a more comfortable movement. You have to order from Germany though but it only takes 2-3 weeks to receave them.

Have to agree with you on that 354. I have the Pro Pedels and they are a bit close together. There's no way you could design a Sim-Pit with the stick between your legs Navy style. You'd have to fly bow-legged. I looked into the Simped pedels, very nice pedels,  but I was at my budget limit and they were just a bit to much.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2005, 06:34:08 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Lightweight, Sounds GREAT and Mic works well as long as you dont take them off your head and throw them against the wall too often (which is what I do instead of Cussing up a storm on Vox)
LOLOL, Ive went through a few headsets that way.  Been using a radioshack headset for 2 years now though.

Got a tip also.  Before I was able to shell out for a CH setup, I used racing pedals as a substitute for flight pedals for a couple years.  I found them much more precise than trying to use the twisty stick (which I used for about 4 years.)

Offline JB28

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2005, 03:00:12 PM »
Everyone is refering to CH products that cost $300??  Is that the stick, throttle, ped combined?  which ch stick is the best? Fighterstick or Combatstick?  

Sorry for not understanding.  

JB28

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2005, 04:12:24 PM »
Originally posted by JB28
Everyone is refering to CH products that cost $300??  Is that the stick, throttle, ped combined?  which ch stick is the best? Fighterstick or Combatstick?  

Sorry for not understanding.  

JB28
well as far as which is better i have the fighterstick IIRC, and love it

the price thing... IIRC also, $125 for the rudder pedals, and probably the same for the stick, and probably $75 -$100 for the throttle (there is a throttle on the base of the stick, so it is not "needed"
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2005, 06:14:23 PM »
You can get all the CH products for under $100 each if you look.  I just ordered the Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals from Provantage for $277 total.