Author Topic: Newbs calling people cheaters  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Newbs calling people cheaters
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2007, 05:11:58 PM »
In the perfect dreamworld all newbs who log on for the first time would be auto-sent to TA were a trainer would meet them and hold their hand until they are ready to be released into the rest of us. :)

One can dream..

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2007, 07:41:09 PM »
Under age noobs should be limited to replies of "Yes, sir" and "No, sir."
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2007, 08:43:14 PM »
Alright, I will not do a Kenny40...lol. First and foremost I officially apologize for calling Ozrocker a cheater. I should've gone about it in a different way. I have no problem getting shot down by a 'superior' player. However, from my point of view Ozrocker's plane warped and started moving funny when I got on his 6. This caused me to fly past him. When he got behind me, his plane moved perfectly fine; no lag or jumpiness. My computer has performed very well while playing aces high, I have had no problems with connection or anything.

On another note, when I said he used a "lag" switch I was referring to him pushing the stanby button on top of his cable modem. The standby button temporarily discos the computer from the internet causing (in Aces High) the plane to disappear or act really jumpy. (F.Y.I. I was introduced to the term "lag switch" while playing Madden and Splinter Cell on PS2. People used to hit the standby button against their opponents while kicking field goals.) In every on-line game I've ever played the most common way to cheat is by pushing the standby button. I'm really shocked that none of you have ever heard of this. I can almost guarantee that most of you have modems with a standby switch on top of it (Motorola Surfboards have had that feature for years).

Again, there are no hard feelings from me at all. I regret calling Ozrocker a "cheater". I get shot down all the time and I usually don't complain to people outside of my squad. I just wanted you guys to hear my side.

XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »
TwentyFo, I Salute you for being a MAN about it.  
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2007, 09:54:07 PM »
Originally posted by TwentyFo
Alright, I will not do a Kenny40...lol. First and foremost I officially apologize for calling Ozrocker a cheater. I should've gone about it in a different way. I have no problem getting shot down by a 'superior' player. However, from my point of view Ozrocker's plane warped and started moving funny when I got on his 6. This caused me to fly past him. When he got behind me, his plane moved perfectly fine; no lag or jumpiness. My computer has performed very well while playing aces high, I have had no problems with connection or anything.

On another note, when I said he used a "lag" switch I was referring to him pushing the stanby button on top of his cable modem. The standby button temporarily discos the computer from the internet causing (in Aces High) the plane to disappear or act really jumpy. (F.Y.I. I was introduced to the term "lag switch" while playing Madden and Splinter Cell on PS2. People used to hit the standby button against their opponents while kicking field goals.) In every on-line game I've ever played the most common way to cheat is by pushing the standby button. I'm really shocked that none of you have ever heard of this. I can almost guarantee that most of you have modems with a standby switch on top of it (Motorola Surfboards have had that feature for years).

Again, there are no hard feelings from me at all. I regret calling Ozrocker a "cheater". I get shot down all the time and I usually don't complain to people outside of my squad. I just wanted you guys to hear my side.

Apology accepted, except I'm not a "superior" player :) Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2007, 09:56:26 PM »
As I stated after the fight, I will show you the move that I made to force the overshoot.
                                                                Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2007, 11:20:17 PM »
Originally posted by BBBB
LOL. 50 miles south of the horde is close by? Classic. Steve you forget I have flown with you before. As I recall that mission with you we flew outside the horde and caught the bad guys as they lifted.

-Sp0t

Sp0t, it was better than that.  I was trying to rtb to a base that you had just upped at.  So there we were w/ 3 guys over us.  We killed all three  of them.  Try to remember it, it was very satisftying.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2007, 02:23:46 AM »
Salute to TwentyFo for coming on here and being very civil.  :aok

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2007, 02:49:44 AM »
i was called a cheater once a while back, there where at least 8 nme, they couldn't kill me, got 4 of em, of course one that i smoked starts saying something about "pulling my plug"  ya okay, i just think they were noobs and i was on spot{rare}
 people are right, it is a complament. :aok

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2007, 02:50:07 AM »
Originally posted by TwentyFo
was referring to him pushing the stanby button on top of his cable modem.

I Dont have one *sniff*

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2007, 05:16:04 AM »
This is just great! I've got lag bolts super glued all over my X52 and now you tell me about a standby button!!!!!!!:mad: Can i return used lag bolts to Home Depot?:huh
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2007, 05:18:54 AM »
Nilsen, your avatar disturbs me
Lighten up Francis

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »
TwentyFo.

And Steve, I don't recall that one. But you and I flew together more than once. Back when I flew the Pony. I recall going on a few diffrent missions with you.

-Wells

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »
Soooooo, everyone in agreement that this is possible and people do do it?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2007, 02:59:32 PM »
Originally posted by uptown
This is just great! I've got lag bolts super glued all over my X52 and now you tell me about a standby button!!!!!!!:mad: Can i return used lag bolts to Home Depot?:huh

:lol :lol :lol