Author Topic: X52  (Read 1368 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 01:53:54 PM »
Well, I did it. The spiking is lessened by a tiny it on all except the rudder. Still spiking all-around though.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
X52
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 01:55:42 PM »
Recalibrate it....  or just do like me and not run any Saitek software.  Just plug and play. :D
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »
I don't run Saitek software and I don't have a calibration option in Windows.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
X52
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 06:40:37 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
I don't run Saitek software and I don't have a calibration option in Windows.

Thats weird. I dont run Saitek SW, and have the option to calibrate in windows. Start> Controll panel > Game controllers> Saitek X45 > Properties >Settings > Calibrate .
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
X52
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 06:50:57 PM »
I have the X52 stick and pro pedals. I dont remember what has happened to my previous X52's. I know one just quit working all together. I think the others just refuse to stay calibrated. I still have to re-calibrate the one i use alot. The other night I had to calibrate 3 times in 30 mins. It is very sensitive pulling back put not half as sensitive pushing forward. My squaddie went from the X45 to the X52 pro and loves it.
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 06:52:59 PM »
Originally posted by blkmgc
Thats weird. I dont run Saitek SW, and have the option to calibrate in windows. Start> Controll panel > Game controllers> Saitek X45 > Properties >Settings > Calibrate .

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
X52
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2007, 09:25:32 PM »
I have never had any trouble with my x52, im gonna get that usb pwr port tho(good tip), i do need a set of rudder pedels, whats best with x52?
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2007, 10:11:41 PM »
too bad oz it might be the stick then.

as for rudder pedals when my beloved sidewinder ForceFeedback 2 got a drink spilled on it and stopped working completely I bought a saitek x45 and hated everything but the throttle.

the x45 rudder rocker switch was intollerabel for accurate rudder control so I bought CH pro pedals which being underpowered by my pc usb bus were pretty spikey for the 2.5 yrs i have had them.  but i suffered through with the ch pedals because they were still way better than the x45 rocker rudder though i missed my ms sidewinder twisty bad. unawares that all the ch pro pedals needed was a powered usb hub which i now have and they now provide very very smooth rudder response.

its taken me at least 2 yrs to get proficient enough with rudder pedals to the point where i have the reflexes to take adjusted deflection shots while moving the rudder to line up the shot. but having already gone through that I and probably anyone you ask who has made the transition would not want to go back to twisty sticks and definitely not rudder rocker switches.

and honestly experiencing this ch gear at its full potential it is superior to even my favorite microsoft sidewinders in terms of accuracy and range of motion, reliability and response.

though the old ff2 still has the realism of resistance vote for me because its mechanical motors set to centering only felt just about like what the cables and pullies and wind did on the real airplanes i flew. so in that regard ms ff2 still takes it but for sheer killing power and smooth accurate response (when fully powered with a belkin usb hub :) ) CH stuff just blows saitek microsoft and everything else outa the water.

really enjoyable using CH gear and this is from someone who will not be happy with anything less than perfection :D

id recomend the ch pro pedals its what I been using for past few years
and now I have my ch fighterstick which rocks
and I still love my old saitek x45 throttle which I still use even though I have an x52 (the trim wheels and evrything else suck on x52 even though the stick on x52 is way better than x45 it dosnt matter cuz i use the ch fighterstick haha)
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
X52
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2007, 10:20:03 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
hoping to get the pro if i can get something around £50-£75 mark

With the sterling to $ (no pound key grrr) exchange rate right now you could get a CHFighter stick from the US for that kind of dosh.....though !
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 10:29:41 PM by LYNX »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
X52
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »
yeah thanks to the current US administration bankrupting the country by never vetoing any pork laiden bills and footing the entire bill for a costly war with their VISA cards US money is worth nothing so I would definitely take advantage of the exchange rates and buy some CH stuff :)
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
X52
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 12:31:53 AM »
Glad you got that usb thing sorted fester.

The CH stick and pedals that i've been using since xmas are better than everything i've had so far.  Msffb2, saitek all good sticks but none as close to the accuracy and control I can get with CH.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
X52
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 07:14:47 AM »
i'd be surprised if the exchange rate benefit covers the shipping from the US. Would like to be proved wrong though!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.