Author Topic: P-47 Thunderbolt  (Read 4111 times)

Offline 64kills

• Nickel Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2007, 03:47:05 PM »
how do you get the i love big jugs thing serinity if you mom gets home early just turn off monitor:aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2007, 06:39:16 PM »
Bj229 is right.

sonofabich lemme get the camera, this moment must be prerserved:O
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2007, 07:29:17 AM »
Tryin out D40 more this camp, for jabo esp. ....if all the gas ya have left is aux tank, does plane get un-balanced or anything?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2007, 11:39:12 AM »
Originally posted by 64kills
how do you get the i love big jugs thing serinity if you mom gets home early just turn off monitor:aok

I made it. And you think my mum is bad? I was having a long loud conversation about that when my girlfriend walked in!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2007, 09:59:08 AM »
Sorry, been gone a few days

All good responses, re D40 v N.

However, the D40 is range limited when max loaded. Because it has to struggle so hard it burns off a lot of gas. 2500 + rks slows you down a lot.

While it might climb a bit better than the N (it does this when "empty" as well) it will not have the option of loitering as long AFTER the ord has been placed on target. The N has "free DTs" so to speak. They don't take up hard points on the wings, but they allow it to burn as much gas as needed to get the ord to target then it can fly around as long as it takes to use up 3500 rounds of ammo.

Also, while it does climb worse, the top speed and WEP performance more than make up for it. The acceleration on the N is remarkably better than the D40 (especially the high end acceleration). On of the better tactics in a jug is to slow down, bleed off speed, force an overshoot, or do something that lands a faster enemy in your gunsights. Surviving AFTER that point is greatly helped by the superior WEP capabilities, to get back up to speed again.

Stoney: Do you consider the P51D any better a plane than the P47N? Personally I see them as equals, pretty much. Making the 47N an ENY of (let's say) 20 would require the P-51D to have the same ENY. Now, a p51D with an ENY of 20 would have EVERYBODY up in a rage.

So, I don't see why folks would want a plane just as good, but with longer range and more ord, to have a lesser value... :huh

Offline 64kills

• Nickel Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2007, 11:56:22 AM »
Originally posted by Serenity
I made it. how do you make avatars?:huh

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »
Originally posted by Serenity
lol, I said, "not to my surprise". I have yet to meet a pilot who favored ANY plane more than the P-38.

have you talked to someone that flew spits???? you will not see them talking about P38s. not saying the spits are the best ride out there. i love alot of planes. i fly ponys spits 262s IL2 P47 all models P38s the list goes on and on.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
P-47 Thunderbolt
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2007, 09:15:59 PM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
have you talked to someone that flew spits???? you will not see them talking about P38s. not saying the spits are the best ride out there. i love alot of planes. i fly ponys spits 262s IL2 P47 all models P38s the list goes on and on.

No, not a lot of former RAF out here in Hawaii.