Author Topic: Perk the 163 higher  (Read 1259 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the 163 higher
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2008, 09:49:49 AM »
Real planes weren't perked.

:aok

Hmm, pulling the "realism" card while asking that a specific type of plane be further limited, to facilitate the bombing of a single structure which defeats radar for an entire country, over the entire map.

Does this strike anyone else as a bit ironic?

:rofl :rofl :rofl 

Hub, you have the best posts hands down.

If they spend time turning with you they wont have the fuel to get up to the buffs anyway.

Wrong.  The 163's an awsome little turn fighter.  A Pony has no chance against it but you can't fly it at full throttle.  Managing throttle between about 0-40% will quickly dispatch most threats.

i completely agree, i mean a 163 can only stay up a little and u have 2 climb 2 bombers so buy the time your get up there you only have about a minute of fuel wich when i take a 163 thats only time for me 2 get 2 bombers and pray 2 get home

Wrong.  Why does everyone think they need to fly the 163 at full throttle?  I can lift a 163, fly 2 sectors, get in a fight and fly it back to the field I started from.  I've chased buffs for 4 sectors for a kill at 25-30K and a safe landing.  The thing will still climb like a banshee at 30-40% throttle.

Throttle management and accurate gunnery are the keys to the 163 although I guess I'm glad so many are so clueless.

As to a higher perk?  Nope.  Sorry.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2008, 09:54:35 AM »
Lets see now.
1. only at 1 base
2. 6 min of fuel
3. 120 rounds
4. already perked

Nahh it's limited enough. :aok

8 min of fule.  :aok

I think if it were to be perked higher, it should be available at any base.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2008, 10:02:29 AM »
If they spend time turning with you they wont have the fuel to get up to the buffs anyway.
Strip(er)

Wrong.  The 163's an awsome little turn fighter.  A Pony has no chance against it but you can't fly it at full throttle.  Managing throttle between about 0-40% will quickly dispatch most threats.

Right.....if your going to correct me at least read what I am saying. If a 163 spends even a minute or two turning he wont have the fuel to reach the buffs at 25-30 thousand feet. If your talking co E I would tend to agree with the second statement. However I am talking about a 163 upping a capped field starting with no energy. I will say it again in clearer terms. If a 163 ups a capped field with P-51s circling with a good head of steam he will have to maneuver. More than a minute or two minutes of low alt fighting he wont have the fuel to reach high altitude buffs. I dont even think you could test it either because most wont up a 163 from a capped field. I believe the clueless one is you at the moment sir.

Strip(er)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:09:04 AM by Strip »

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »
I dont think the Me 163 should be higher perkd, it is extremely short range, has littile ammo. and they can only take off of uncapturable bases. i think that is fair.
OEF 11-12

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2008, 03:35:32 PM »
I think we all need to up 163's and ho each other, not sure what that would solve.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author