Author Topic: How to be a score HO  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: How to be a score HO
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 01:49:42 PM »
Pretty much the guys in the upper ranks are pretty good. Some are great but their rank doesnt show it. Some are total fugazzis.

All in all this rank thing spawns a lot of dweebery. AH could get rid of it and not miss a beat. If anything it will lessen a lot of the dweebery we see, "and a lot of the dweebery isn't only done by the higher ranks". You might have guys ranked 551 that want to get into the upper 500 so he'll start vulching a lot more, spawn camp...ect

Generally I can tell the ones who care about rank because they will howl, whine, snivel, and call you a cheater, when you shoot them down. I had one such character call me a "stick stirrer" in a PM after I shot down his perked corsair even tho I was behind him the entire time of the engagement. :rofl

When you start PM'ing total strangers and accuse them of stuff then its probably time to find a new hobby. But some people, and squads, take this phony rank thing very seriously.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 04:41:48 AM »
How to "game the game". Its a growing trend in AH that I find and is spreading like cancer.  I'm not putting down the veteran pilots here and I know many ppl with the desirable ranks are awsome sticks. This is geared to the "wannabes"  who are under tremendous pressure to see their name in lights on the AH front page. Ive taken the liberty of having the score HOs translations to each fighter pilots rule.

Alt is your friend: (translation): Come into a base at 40k even if the fights are at 5k

Stay with your wingman: (translation) Hes the guy thats gonna deack and draw fighters down so you can pick em. And always stay BEHIND the horde so they do the work for you.

Be pateint and extend: (translation) "extend" back to your own base once that guy dings a few BBs on you.

Learn from your mistakes (translation) your never wrong, its probably lag or the guys using cheats. now that you have been shot down its time to hit a few def ensless strats to keep that score.

Bottom line, I think the score system is FUBAR **just my op pinion**. it creates and narcissistic attitude, but its your 15$, do what you want <S>
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 09:07:17 PM »
How to "game the game". Its a growing trend in AH that I find and is spreading like cancer.  I'm not putting down the veteran pilots here and I know many ppl with the desirable ranks are awsome sticks. This is geared to the "wannabes"  who are under tremendous pressure to see their name in lights on the AH front page. Ive taken the liberty of having the score HOs translations to each fighter pilots rule.

Alt is your friend: (translation): Come into a base at 40k even if the fights are at 5k

Stay with your wingman: (translation) Hes the guy thats gonna deack and draw fighters down so you can pick em. And always stay BEHIND the horde so they do the work for you.

Be pateint and extend: (translation) "extend" back to your own base once that guy dings a few BBs on you.

Learn from your mistakes (translation) your never wrong, its probably lag or the guys using cheats. now that you have been shot down its time to hit a few def ensless strats to keep that score.

congrats, you are ready to be  in the Wings of Terror.  or is it stone cold pimps now?

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 09:29:52 PM »
"only people with low score are score hors"
This tour im perk farming, dont care about score ive been breakin up spawn camps and learning the t34. My rank is under 100 I honestly couldnt care if it was 10,000.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 04:53:38 AM »
I keep reading that being a score HO is boring, stressfull, makes you run like a schoolgirl, etc., etc., etc.  I am here to dispell the myths.

First, the highest ranked person is the one with the lowest total fighter, bomber, attack and vehicle rank when added together.  Usually, you can be low (high number rank) in one catagory if you can be high (low number rank) in the others so concentrate your efforts where you are lowest ranked and your overall rank will improve.

The main tricks are to get a few field captures in both goons and M3's, rocket some objects with a PT boat or an Sk thingy, and mix in a little toolshedding with some kills while in GV or attack mode.  Of course you need to be able to get some kills in fighter mode too and do a little bombing.

None of these are stressful activities and if done at the right times can be fun and also aid your country.

Other than that, you don't have to change your game.  You just need to play every aspect of the game and be reasonably proficient at it.  You don't have to run from a fight.  If you do then you need to learn how to fight.  Improve on it and your rank will improve. 

Pretty simple huh?

but if you have high scores, you t3h l33t :O

Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 04:56:58 AM »
funny stuff.

Late War Tour 101 Statistics for valdals
    Fighter Bomber Attack Veh./Boat Total
  Kills    76    16    299    141    532
Assists    16    5    86    41    148
Sorties    61    126    254    170    611
 Landed    42    90    133    117    382
 Bailed    8    13    36    0    57
 Ditched    2    1    4    2    9
 Captured    5    2    19    2    28
 Deaths    4    20    61    49    134
 Discos    0    0    1    0    1
Time hh:mm:ss    10:27:56    16:22:39    38:50:58    31:13:48    96:55:21
Rank    123    191    88    138    35
now posting as SirNuke

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 04:58:46 AM »
VH rank is also how much stuff you destroy. If I'm bored or want vehicle perkies, I go find a lonely base, up a Wirbelwind, and go take down a town and get me some perkies. I never even capture the base... :rolleyes:
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 05:02:06 AM »
VH rank is also how much stuff you destroy. If I'm bored or want vehicle perkies, I go find a lonely base, up a Wirbelwind, and go take down a town and get me some perkies. I never even capture the base... :rolleyes:

you can't achieve l33t score without a vehicule capture and a bomber capture.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 05:03:33 AM »
you can't achieve l33t score without a vehicule capture and a bomber capture.

I wait for somebody to make a Vehicle mission (FALCON23, or Joker2) and I just be the M3.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
I find its bad for your score if you up at vulched bases but its alot of fun tryin to break a good cap :t
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 07:46:09 PM »
I'm all for keeping stats on how many kills and how many deaths/sortie etc.  However, this rank crap has to go.  The game died a little once that stuff was posted on the front page.

Yea I like to check my kill to death ratios and s on, but could care less about scores. Only time score is imporant is getting a CV away from some tard so you can turn it away from bombers or PT boats..
"strafing"

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »
Well, I guess they just have to have scores in there to PACERfy the guys who like to pick the juicy non dangerous targets.  Get their scores then run home.
I look at scores, sure....but I look at it more as to where I can improve my game.   Which is kinda tough...seeing as how I don't care about getting slaughtered trying to up from a capped base.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 09:18:19 PM »
but who's perk point are you