Author Topic: KKKUNITE and BADMOFO  (Read 3471 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: KKKUNITE and BADMOFO
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »
i find it offensive that there is no tolerance in this entire thread. who made all you people the text police?? we dont live in a perfect world. you can ignore it or squawk about it, but its still there.

how would you feel if you picked a name that someone thought was offensive. maybe it is offensive to some people! ok thats nice now move along. every day i have to put up with things i find offensive and every day the media tells me its ok. every day my corporation tells me its ok. so i choose to ignore the offensive things. you can to.

as a great man once said, turn the other cheek! have a nice day  :)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »
This issue should really have been handled via email to support@hitechcreations.com.

There is really no point in debate.  What is done with questionable ID's is purely up to the disgression of HTC.  All a player has the ability do is bring an ID to HTC's attention via email/phone, and/or use the .report tool.

discretion not disgression..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »
i find it offensive that there is no tolerance in this entire thread. who made all you people the text police?? we dont live in a perfect world. you can ignore it or squawk about it, but its still there.

how would you feel if you picked a name that someone thought was offensive. maybe it is offensive to some people! ok thats nice now move along. every day i have to put up with things i find offensive and every day the media tells me its ok. every day my corporation tells me its ok. so i choose to ignore the offensive things. you can to.

i turned the other cheek once when i was in school. i got hit in it. never again

BTW, your icon has a swastika in it. that is offensive :O
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2008, 12:40:32 PM »
Sadly the swastika has been made to be a simble of hatred rather than its original meaning in far east culture. If i see one in the street (yes there are swastika graffitis here) I dont take offence, I just laugh that the guy is dumb enough to think it hurts anyone.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2008, 01:30:45 PM »

If anyone finds any CPID offensive ... they should make HTC aware ... and HTC will be the final word or what is acceptable within the game ... end of story.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2008, 01:39:58 PM »
Sadly the swastika has been made to be a simble of hatred rather than its original meaning in far east culture. If i see one in the street (yes there are swastika graffitis here) I dont take offence, I just laugh that the guy is dumb enough to think it hurts anyone.

The Nazi symbol is an alteration of the original swastika ... and the original symbol, as seen on Finnish planes in Aces High ... is not a problem.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline iWalrus

• Copper Member
« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2008, 02:35:57 PM »
    (Image removed from quote.)

Ok, uptown. Sorry. Maybe you should type in all caps again with lots of exclamation points to prove your point. Ex: "JUKILLER IS OFFENSIVE!!!!!! JU88 IS NOT OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!" It must be true when it is put like that.
That's all.

WalrusG

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2008, 02:52:12 PM »
I think I have a brilliant idea...

Let's ALL move this on over to the O'Club, so that those of you who claim to be very offended by having to read the letter K three times in a row, won't have to keep seeing it at the very top of the General Discussion Board due to someone bumping it...

Ever notice in real life how it goes something like this?

"Oh my GOD! This is the most offensive thing I've ever seen! That guy should be hanged! I am extremely hurt by what I've read!"

(Hamster wheel runs in head)...

"I KNOW! I'll call every news station in the country so as many people as possible have the opportunity to be offended and hurt! Go me!"

I've noticed that :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »
Has anyone else shot down Eviltoejam latley?
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.

Offline iWalrus

• Copper Member
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2008, 10:18:36 AM »
Has anyone else shot down Eviltoejam latley?

I flushed one earlier.
That's all.

WalrusG

Offline themaj

• Copper Member
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2008, 10:36:04 AM »
Don't know but each game we've localized for Germany we've had to remove all blood and gore or our games couldn't be sold.  We usually change the color of the blood from red to green, which we can get away with because our games are fantasy based RPGs for the most part.

The game Carmaggedon is another example.  The German version had the blood and gore removed, the red was changed to green and the people because aliens to explain why there bodies would splatter green blood all over your windshield.

That's really nothing though, some countries have gone even further, like Greece and Brazil and have outlawed various game genres, though I do think Greece repealed the most of their Draconian measures.

ahhh the original Carmaggedon, one of the best politically incorrect games ever. Makes GTA hit & runs look tame lol
Jagdgeschwader 54 Grünherz

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2008, 10:36:47 AM »
If I were still playing, I'd make a list and email it to HTC.  I say my peace that I say such names are unfit, and leave it up to HTC as to what is to be done.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2008, 11:05:33 AM »
my ingame name is "DasNutt" I had someone PM me asking if the "NUTT" ment crazy or if I were referring to a testicle..

true story, where is my thread..

I will admit though im pretty sure KKKUNITE chose his name just for the sake of pissing people off.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2008, 11:35:40 AM »
my ingame name is "DasNutt" I had someone PM me asking if the "NUTT" ment crazy or if I were referring to a testicle..

true story, where is my thread..

I will admit though im pretty sure KKKUNITE chose his name just for the sake of pissing people off.

and judging by the 11 pages of repitetion, it has worked rather nicely, eh?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »
This thread makes Barbara Streisand cry.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High