Author Topic: Been bugging me all day...  (Read 1971 times)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Re: Been bugging me all day...
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2009, 12:48:21 PM »
The bit I loved is the event which the named the darn film after took up only 15-20 mins of a 2hr film!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 05:42:48 AM »
But it has Kate Beckinsale....
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Baggy

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »
Kate Beckinsale - Niice 'arris, rubbish actress!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »
The #1 goal of that movie was to entertain, not show historcial fact.  Take it for what it is, drink a beer, and relax.

Yeah, I watched the movie and in the back of my mind I nit-picked bits and pieces but ultimatly it wasnt that bad, it was a real spitfire/109/P40, etc that were in the air and not com CG imagage, be glad for that.  A BAR, a shotgun, a few bolt action rifles, etc are not going to bring down a fast moving zeke, etc.  LOTS of drama stuff.  But again, it is a hollywood movie, not a historical drama.       

The BoBros series if the best yet, imo, when it comes to realism and war.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 07:05:36 PM »
The #1 goal of that movie was to entertain, not show historcial fact.  Take it for what it is, drink a beer, and relax.

No.  NO!  NO NO NO! 

That snikerdoo dragged vets out of their homes, he HIMSELF saying it was "an important historical piece, probably the most important I've ever done". 

Screw him.  Right in the arse.  Broom handle, old one.  Lots of splinters.  With smallpox, yeah, that'd be good.  What a whoopeeed fraudulent piece o garbage.
"You rebel scum"

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 07:48:22 PM »
My GF at the time took me to see it, then apologised when we left. Even she said it was an abomination- doesn't know anything about history or the planes and ll that, but she went in expecting a movie about Pearl Harbor, not two pretty boy supermen boinking the same skank of a nurse and getting all worked up over it.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 09:58:17 AM »
This song sums up my feelings on Pearl Harbor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pM8PrqY5Rg

Granted Team America is no gem, but this part of it was great. :aok
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »
That song is awsome, as are I think all the songs in that movie.

Also, Rebel "suckwangfest" may be the funniest term I've heard in months.  Thank you for making my Monday not suck quite as much :)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 12:07:48 PM »
This song sums up my feelings on Pearl Harbor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pM8PrqY5Rg

Granted Team America is no gem, but this part of it was great. :aok

On a related note- Cthulhu, you may be happy to know that I both voted for you in the last presidential election and sport your fish on the trunk lid of my car.

Please don't eat my soul.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 12:53:04 PM »
That song is awsome, as are I think all the songs in that movie.

Also, Rebel "suckwangfest" may be the funniest term I've heard in months.  Thank you for making my Monday not suck quite as much :)

I live to serve, my friend :) 

Maybe grammatically a little bit off, though.  I think it should be "wangsuckfest".  I'll leave it open to interpretation.  I was pretty steamed when writing that :D
"You rebel scum"

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »
On a related note- Cthulhu, you may be happy to know that I both voted for you in the last presidential election and sport your fish on the trunk lid of my car.

Please don't eat my soul.
Nobody get's taken off my list. Nothing personal, just business. But I did move your name down a bit. I've got a reputation to uphold. .... you understand. :devil

So truthfully, does the new avatar kick bellybutton or what?
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 02:01:53 PM »
Avatar rocks, but you need the fish in your sig. It looks great on my Evil Black Mustang.  :rock

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 02:13:29 PM »
Avatar rocks, but you need the fish in your sig. It looks great on my Evil Black Mustang.  :rock

(Image removed from quote.)
I need that on the back of my S2000, but most people would probably think it's just another weird Japanese aftermarket company. Then again, maybe Mugen actually was the Ancient Cosmic God of Loud Obnoxious Exhausts. ;)