Author Topic: Jerkins New System  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Jerkins New System
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 04:41:36 PM »
that looks like a nice build there, TilDeath........

sorry for the slight Hijack of your thread:  here's my question/concern

currently I am just using cheese cloth 1/2 arsed taped in places to hold it over the inlet fans

I have a few questions for ya....... I was under the impression ( maybe I read it on the NZXT cases website perhaps ), that these cases / case fans came with filters or prefilters?  yet I do not see any in this picture you posted......

I have an Antec 900 case with the following fans:
front panel= (2) 120 mm fans
back panel= (1) 120 mm fan
Top panel= (1) 200mm fan
Side Clear Panel= (1) 120mm fan  ( I had posted somewhere early on these boards and posted the wrong size for my top and side fan sizes )

I have drawn up my case & fan housings/panels to try and figure/design my own little Filter rack system for all these fans.

* I wanted to take my dremel tool and saw/cut a groove/slot in the Plastic bezels on the front to build and slide a Flexible Filter rack assembly in front of the front panel fans

* for the clear side panel & rear panel fan, I have tinkered with making clamp on / snap on Filter racks for these (2) 120 mm fans ( these were quiet easy to make )

* for the Top 200mm Fan, I have run into a dilemma trying to figure a way to make or build a Filter rack that is both easy to initially install, then easy to access without having to pull out all the components/ CPU & Heatsink-Fan/MB

I have taken and sealed up all leaks/crevices that potential dirt & dust could be pulled/sucked thru into the PC Case. If I have managed to get it airtight then I prob would not need to make a filter rack for the top 200 mm fan because it discharges Air out of the case, same as the rear panel 120mm fan does..

do you have any hints or tips you can offer for this particular situation? 

I am currently using Cheese Cloth, it is dense enough to capture the fine particles of dust yet breathable to not really restrict the airflow......using anything less than a fine ( dense ) foam filter ( this type is very restrictive on airflow ) would not benefit on keeping the dirt & dust out.......

this case ( and fans ) moves an enormous amount of Air which relates to moving enormous amounts of dust particles ( most you would not see with the human eye, unless you was seeing the particles when say Sunlight is shining thru a window.....
I had to order the filters separate from NZXT

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »
I was on the phone with Rich while this was being built.   From what he was saying this is gonna be a screamer.   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »
Beautiful build.  The cable management is the best I've ever seen.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL