Author Topic: Meteor!!  (Read 3231 times)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: Meteor!!
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »

.... may be a beast in ugly clothes!

I divorced her....
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2009, 01:38:52 AM »
Which is about as relevant as a duel between a P-47 and a Spitfire Mk V.

I agree the whole of the MA should be converted to an axis v allies scenario :D
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2009, 05:51:24 AM »
Hmmm... I thought I was hinting that a duel between dissimilar aircraft doesn't prove anything.  Another example would be the F4F and A6M2.  1vs1 the A6M2 should win every time, but make the fight multi-vs-multi and suddenly the F4F mops up.  I suspect that something similar would happen with the Meteor and 262, but we may never know. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2009, 06:26:58 AM »
Hmmm... I thought I was hinting that a duel between dissimilar aircraft doesn't prove anything.  Another example would be the F4F and A6M2.  1vs1 the A6M2 should win every time, but make the fight multi-vs-multi and suddenly the F4F mops up.  I suspect that something similar would happen with the Meteor and 262, but we may never know. ;)

I am hoping we find out in the not too distant future :pray or sooner if their is another sim with both planes in it :rock
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"