Author Topic: Tail slide flip  (Read 4208 times)

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
Re: Tail slide flip
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?8451gqnrbr3ogoe

Heres a stall I use a lot and have been tweeking on.

this move is relatively simple, it's a stall at the top of the vertical using some right rudder full engine torque and and the finish of the maneuver follow up with slight left rudder and aileron.

with the p-51 works the same except on the follow up you need to decrease throttle at least 50% and lots more rudder to stabilize.   great move but works best with light high horse planes.   :joystick:
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »
Lepepe2's stall move is much more involved and technical. all tho it seems uncontrolled, it actually can be quite controlled. with some hours of practice you will notice where you start the maneuver decides where you end up.  the recover into controlled situation is actually rather simple,  but quite a timely process. once you get the recover down pat, the maneuver can be accomplished under 200ft. not to be done at the top of a stall. in fact I do this maneuver at speeds between 150 kts and 250 kts with an upward attitude.  it's amazing, crap turners can get zeros and brews back in front where they belong. but the most amazing thing "with luck" in the middle of the move you can get snap shots on your opponent almost 180 deg. in the other direction!  but you need to learn the recover. or you will die  :O

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 06:00:09 PM »

Here's the original .ahf. http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oMtzTdRn13FbsVQS6Xx5ih40VzGxHO-8v8G98y6_ZlvzaHDJXEIKArezqUdkhUhX_Pwo22Z8Iwefe1XYi_kD/Reversing%20yourself.ahf

And to answer the question that's going to come, yes, he didn't shut up about it for over an hour.
[/quote]

dead link

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 06:30:48 PM »
All you have to do is tap the rudder some, play with the stick a bit and your Ta 152 will decide to fly backwards. Then you can bring your gunz to bear and kill the Spit16 that's sitting on your six.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v7c0cslejwxwwjt
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 07:20:50 PM »
Ah so you're loos. Well nice shot. I have been working on that move and trying to get it to recover quickly.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 08:23:09 AM »
All you have to do is tap the rudder some, play with the stick a bit and your Ta 152 will decide to fly backwards. Then you can bring your gunz to bear and kill the Spit16 that's sitting on your six.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v7c0cslejwxwwjt

wont download

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 02:20:37 PM »
Lepepe2's stall move is much more involved and technical. all tho it seems uncontrolled, it actually can be quite controlled. with some hours of practice you will notice where you start the maneuver decides where you end up.  the recover into controlled situation is actually rather simple,  but quite a timely process. once you get the recover down pat, the maneuver can be accomplished under 200ft. not to be done at the top of a stall. in fact I do this maneuver at speeds between 150 kts and 250 kts with an upward attitude.  it's amazing, crap turners can get zeros and brews back in front where they belong. but the most amazing thing "with luck" in the middle of the move you can get snap shots on your opponent almost 180 deg. in the other direction!  but you need to learn the recover. or you will die  :O

Rodger that!

I took a Monster Jug up for a test run in the TA for an hour to attempt this move. There was a Zero Pilot playing on my tail that I was able to ALMOST get a guns solution on, but the recovery is VERY tricky for me. Sometimes it looks as though I had recovered, but then the plane wants to torque leftwards and/or the left wing continques to stall.

When recovering, I've tried using the opposite rudder along with the opposite joystick inputs, but I wonder if I should just use one or the other (maybe this is contributing to the continuation of the stall?

I find that if you hold the bird in this stall for too long, it will want to just continue on a snaproll or end up nose high stall (if I am remembering correctly).

I was also able to do a similar move in the 109K-4, I think Agent360 calls it a Torque Roll Reversal, while banking rightwards, but it feels much more violent and SA is very hard to maintain (I've lost sight of the con several times doing this move, but once in a while it turns out beautifully).
 :salute
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 02:22:03 PM »
I learned the "Hell Whip" for the spits! :devil
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »
It can be done in the p39d, but it is not easy to recover from.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »
That was hilarious! New mental note: Hold the trigger down when you lose important flight surfaces, you might hit someone on your way down!  :devil

You mean the Death Blossom move?

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 11:38:30 PM »
OH dude I forgot about that movie...  Awesome  :rock
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 11:55:56 PM »
Rodger that!

I took a Monster Jug up for a test run in the TA for an hour to attempt this move. There was a Zero Pilot playing on my tail that I was able to ALMOST get a guns solution on, but the recovery is VERY tricky for me. Sometimes it looks as though I had recovered, but then the plane wants to torque leftwards and/or the left wing continques to stall.

When recovering, I've tried using the opposite rudder along with the opposite joystick inputs, but I wonder if I should just use one or the other (maybe this is contributing to the continuation of the stall?

I find that if you hold the bird in this stall for too long, it will want to just continue on a snaproll or end up nose high stall (if I am remembering correctly).

I was also able to do a similar move in the 109K-4, I think Agent360 calls it a Torque Roll Reversal, while banking rightwards, but it feels much more violent and SA is very hard to maintain (I've lost sight of the con several times doing this move, but once in a while it turns out beautifully).
 :salute

Be carefull because a zero can do it also... and very well  :D
Opposite controls should work alright to recover safely. However, what makes recoveries difficult are the angles and speeds at which you attempted the tail slide. If I had time I could almost be nerd enough to make a graph of the sweet spot combination of speed and angle to attempt a tail slide safely...

Tail slides in the K4 are more violent probably because it is lighter and grips harder in the air. Its better not to attempt it with spits also because they tend to fall tail first easily after a wierd stall (like the Ta152).
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail