Author Topic: Tail slide flip  (Read 4209 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tail slide flip
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 11:50:03 AM »
That was hilarious! New mental note: Hold the trigger down when you lose important flight surfaces, you might hit someone on your way down!  :devil
Lmao, I actual did a somewhat tail slide with 1 wing to just get a shot
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 12:06:59 PM »
This thread reminds me of the SOS days.  :rolleyes:

O king of the tail slide   :joystick:

:rofl
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 02:58:58 PM »
just listen to lepape2 - he's the jug god

Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 07:07:24 PM »
I've been doing a stall turn that sounds a lot like this in the Zeke, especially from the way Le Pap describes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4YJn7dZnlw

Never knew what to call it and that is the only time I've really used it in a fight.

"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »
I've been doing a stall turn that sounds a lot like this in the Zeke, especially from the way Le Pap describes it.

Never knew what to call it and that is the only time I've really used it in a fight.

That's pretty cool.. kinda makes you a dead fish for most.. besides that guy that was behind you of course. lol

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 12:29:52 AM »
well lets get into the tricky parts!  :D

give a narrative video on 2 or more controlled tail slides.   btw my p-51 will do a back flip type move.  I wish I could explain it better   :headscratch:      :airplane:

Draw it...?
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 12:35:07 AM »

You're going vert doing it. moot does it in a 152 while in normal flight. Its the craziest thing ive seen done in a cartoon plane. Ive tried it over 100 times and every single time, I ended up augering or in a tree.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 02:44:39 PM »
Okay that's it you guys made me do it...

Here are 9 films showing ONLY this maneuver in action and with actual usefulness. Sometimes I overdo it but its pretty much the best I have. Some kills shots, some wound shots, some hits, some overshoots and reverse tables and of course, some crappy ones  :rolleyes:

Films DOWNLOAD

Turn trails on and use the guys on my 6'view to better understand their point of view from mine.

There is a 10th bonus film with bigrat in the TA just for fun.
It will be pretty much obvious if we are talking about the same move this tread is about or not.
 :salute
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 02:47:41 PM »
I'll post some films later of tailslides, stall turns.. etc..

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 11:14:38 PM »
Okay that's it you guys made me do it...

Here are 9 films showing ONLY this maneuver in action and with actual usefulness. Sometimes I overdo it but its pretty much the best I have. Some kills shots, some wound shots, some hits, some overshoots and reverse tables and of course, some crappy ones  :rolleyes:

Films DOWNLOAD

Turn trails on and use the guys on my 6'view to better understand their point of view from mine.

There is a 10th bonus film with bigrat in the TA just for fun.
It will be pretty much obvious if we are talking about the same move this tread is about or not.
Hey I have an AH crush    :o  lol  I sent you a PM  Lepape2
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 06:18:20 AM »
It is not a good way to share information about manoeuvres.  :old

This is a 'reverse engineering jobs'   :rofl

I'm tired to see posts that say and not say.

Just 1 or 2 film with a linear list of thing to do is what we need  - don't tray example from my posts  :rofl.

A linear list would be better because film viewer is
not the best thing to catch the sequence of input.
It does not show rudder input for example.
Plane are too small when you attempt to watch both players and so on.
Trails watching is a 'reverse engineering jobs'.

You had gave a list but i found that the result depends on some initial condition that
you have forgot to say.

When the action start?

Second films do the impression that you are able to fly in a range o speed
- from zero to 100 mph - and this is uncorrect. cc?

You don't flight. You try to stay in a stall state attached to the con azz   :rofl  cc?

So not only as the action start becomes important but how it continues is also important.

I want to comment this:

hoping that TinmanX will explain by himslef after.

1. Start to climb when between you and the con there is a fixed situation.
    I don't know exactly which one it is.
    One good thing to do is to force con in a flight state.

(For example. You have a 2k con high diving on you six.
    Well, act so that he believe you are fast and at 600 yards pull up.
    How? reduce or idle your throttle and follow a path that maximize the con flightpath.
    He will get more and more speed to catch you. This example is not useful in the case of 'tail slide')

2. Roll (right).
    How much? It will depend on climb angle and con flight path.

3. Use rudder to reverse nose into con direction, push a bit on stick too to not loose plane control by the use of
   rudder, idle throttle.  I don't know the exact amount and timing for all that.

mobilis in mobile

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?8451gqnrbr3ogoe

Heres a stall I use a lot and have been tweeking on.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »
It is not a good way to share information about manoeuvres.  :old

This is a 'reverse engineering jobs'   :rofl
[...]

What's wrong with reverse engineering? Its not a no brainer move to learn and that's why many people dont do it or understand the principles or tactics behind it. A simple internal/external view from the con/yourself, be able to switch quickly between you and the con along with moving the mouse up and down on the vertical view slider is all it takes with a trail checkox checked. That's 4 things to remember. If you don't want trails, you are just shooting yourself in the foot...
Aside from the film viewer, the only thing available is narrated shots or a long AHII - to - YouTube process.

EDIT: The ability to let people analyse footage in the film viewer as much as they want with the many tools it has is a major advantage over the simple static video as well.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:55:34 AM by Lepape2 »
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »

hoping that TinmanX will explain by himslef after.

EDIT: The ability to let people analyse footage in the film viewer as much as they want with the many tools it has is a major advantage over the simple static video as well.

Here's the original .ahf. http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oMtzTdRn13FbsVQS6Xx5ih40VzGxHO-8v8G98y6_ZlvzaHDJXEIKArezqUdkhUhX_Pwo22Z8Iwefe1XYi_kD/Reversing%20yourself.ahf

And to answer the question that's going to come, yes, he didn't shut up about it for over an hour.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2011, 05:42:56 PM »
Here's the original .ahf. http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oMtzTdRn13FbsVQS6Xx5ih40VzGxHO-8v8G98y6_ZlvzaHDJXEIKArezqUdkhUhX_Pwo22Z8Iwefe1XYi_kD/Reversing%20yourself.ahf

And to answer the question that's going to come, yes, he didn't shut up about it for over an hour.

"Not Found"
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,