Author Topic: CVs groups need tweaking. My ideas.  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
Re: CVs groups need tweaking. My ideas.
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »
Just annoying that CV puffy ack gets to hit a fighter which has flown behind a mountain.   
It's enough that the Sun shines thru 'em.
Maybe auto puffy ack could be enabled only on a manned ship.
So if only 1 player is on any ship of the fleet, only that ship has auto puffy.
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 01:47:24 PM »
If task groups are so awsome then how is it that last night I sunk a CV, a cruiser and decapitaded a destroyer using only the torpedos and 40mm gun on my PT boat?  Actually I used my rockets too but missed with every one.  I ended up landing at a friendly task force with 344819.56 damage points for the sortie.

Yep, pretty awsome.  The entire task force can be neutered by a PT boat.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »
Agree for the most part, but the solution would only need to be ONE of your many points.......
MORE Shore Batteries PLEASE! Eliminate the blind spots between SBs, and go one further, increase the arc so that the field of fire OVERLAPS.
elfy
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »
If task groups are so awsome then how is it that last night I sunk a CV, a cruiser and decapitaded a destroyer using only the torpedos and 40mm gun on my PT boat?  Actually I used my rockets too but missed with every one.  I ended up landing at a friendly task force with 344819.56 damage points for the sortie.

WOW! Wish i could do that but wait.............I fly planes............nice story though, thanks.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »

because no one was fighting back?
Who is John Galt?

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 09:55:54 AM »
because no one was fighting back?

Yes I admit that was true but the OP was in many ways talking about auto ack. 

I caught the task force half way between their port and our field.  I knew it would be there as a big CV to CV battle had just ended with both CV's being sunk.  Since I launched a PT just prior to the last destoyers re-spawning and was within 1 1/2 sectors of their port I took off hunting. 

I paced the task group until I got in front of it and fired four torps directly into the bow of the CV and it went down.  I turned to get out ahead again then came back toward the cruiser firing my rockets (and missing), then turned again, lowered throttle, sank the cruiser with my 40mm then killed all the guns on one destroyer with it.  At that point I decided I was done but had to go 2-3 sectors to rendesvous with a friendly task force for a landing.

I have used the same tactics on a manned task force though with similar success.  The direct frontal (or rear) attack miimizes how many guns that can be brought to bear increasing the likelyhood of survivability.  You have to keep a little more distance against live gunners too which makes aiming your torps much more difficult as well and, in fact, I prefer a spread pattern at that point to account for someone turning the CV.

Anyway, you can kill a task group with a PT.  PT's are fun.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2011, 12:07:50 PM »
Yes I admit that was true but the OP was in many ways talking about auto ack. 

I caught the task force half way between their port and our field.  I knew it would be there as a big CV to CV battle had just ended with both CV's being sunk.  Since I launched a PT just prior to the last destoyers re-spawning and was within 1 1/2 sectors of their port I took off hunting. 

I paced the task group until I got in front of it and fired four torps directly into the bow of the CV and it went down.  I turned to get out ahead again then came back toward the cruiser firing my rockets (and missing), then turned again, lowered throttle, sank the cruiser with my 40mm then killed all the guns on one destroyer with it.  At that point I decided I was done but had to go 2-3 sectors to rendesvous with a friendly task force for a landing.

I have used the same tactics on a manned task force though with similar success.  The direct frontal (or rear) attack miimizes how many guns that can be brought to bear increasing the likelyhood of survivability.  You have to keep a little more distance against live gunners too which makes aiming your torps much more difficult as well and, in fact, I prefer a spread pattern at that point to account for someone turning the CV.

Anyway, you can kill a task group with a PT.  PT's are fun.

Cruisers are too easy to sink in the game. Bogus for a 40mm to take 1 down.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's