Author Topic: saiteks new stick  (Read 4713 times)

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
Re: saiteks new stick
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2014, 01:24:08 AM »
Do you gents know if there are drivers for win8 for the stick?

Thanks for getting back to us looks like I'll be ordering one this week along with my new computer. Gonna be an expensive month :lol
I believe its the same driver used or win 7 based on the choices for OS. The download site took me a while to find since the thing they have up kept locking up on me. They can be found at http://support.madcatz.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/176/x-55-rhino under drivers/software button on the left, if the main site doesn't work for you.
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2014, 06:59:03 AM »
I've had 3 X-52's in the last six years since my MSFF Pro finally klunked out...First stick lasted 3 years till it started spiking out.Second lasted 3 months before spiking..The third was fine except the stick was very stiff and squeakey(friction from the shaft rubbing the plastic sleeve) and took a few months to break in(also put a small amount of chain lube on shaft)...Now a year later it's flawless,perfectly spike-free and feels like butter!..This is after lots of use almost every day,heaving and twisting on the various axis's...I very strongly recommend the X52(not X52 pro,had throttle issue with that and returned for X52),but buy it from a reputable store that has a generous return policy in case u get a dud...This new stick looks enticing,but the lack of a 2 stage trigger is unforgivable..I'd' rather have that than the split throttle(but then again if u fly P38's you might disagree)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2014, 01:33:27 AM »
just ordered the x-55.  it will arrive sometime next month  :cry :cry.   had an injury at work so I cant use my pedals and my x-52 pedal took a crap (or my motherboard).

I have the pos ch fighterstick marked for death with a 25 ton slab as soon as my foot heals and I can get back on my crane.  it might take another 2 or 3 months as the doctors isnt sure yet but looking forward to both :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2014, 01:10:29 AM »
I just got my x-55 today and it is big and I mean BIG, my ex-wife is small compared to this new joystick.  and it looks awesome.  it takes a lot of space on my desk.

if you get it, think about getting some velcro to stop it from moving. get a lot of velcro.  and it has a lot of buttons.  have yet to set it up and test it as I had to reinstall windows on another hard drive.

windows is gonna take about another 2 hours to d/l all the updates, so I hope tomorrow to leave early from work as I need to set up aces high and all the extra's I have to be ready for fso. :x :x :x :x :x

semp

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2014, 04:15:02 PM »
Experiment with the different springs to see which one you like, and you may have to work with the deadband in AH, the stick is really sensitive, which I love. It's a great stick, as far as I'm concerned.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2014, 11:18:54 PM »
I only set up a few buttons today as I had to reinstall windows as in my other hd has a conflict somewhere that wont recognize the throttle.  that is probably why my old throttle doesnt work anymore.

I gotta say I am impressed with how the stick handles.  it is more accurate than the ch fiterstick and it responds better to movements.  I showed it to the guys at work and they all thought I had spent at least 500 bucks on it.  the construction is very sturdy.  but you need velcro to secure the stick to your desk.  it has screw holes if you are worried about damage.

the extra springs are a nice addition.  I used the smaller spring as I figured I would be using it in my il2 to bust tanks for sure.  anyway back to figuring out how to set up all the toggle switches it has :).

semp