Author Topic: Cease Fire  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Cease Fire
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »
Look at this way.... The Bishops don't have to go far to find a good fight.....
That's the way knights and I'm sure rooks look at it when, they are getting piled. I say lets pile on the bish until they learn to enjoy finding fights all over the place. Something for everyone when getting piled on, base defense furball, gv action, useful bomber missions to drop ords, and barracks, only reason to whine about it is if you only enjoy steam rolling fields and I guess in that case your SoL
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 09:01:26 PM »
Just so we are on the same page... You are asking for a cease fire in a combat simulator?  :huh

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 09:59:11 PM »
 :rofl

needed some laughs this eve, ty
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »
 :neener:
Just so we are on the same page... You are asking for a cease fire in a combat simulator?  :huh
the ceasefire would be stopping of hostilities and moving to the next map and no perk points awar
AkCaine

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 10:53:58 PM »
As you first stated only one country needs to be below 40% for a win and a map change. So now, we don't have to worry about even touching the other? :headscratch:

This could make map winning a bit easy and obviously will change the current system. :old:

Now, for example, the Bish could ignore the Knights who are putting up fierce defense, and attack the Rooks who are defending little to none. It has happened many times where a country has lost 60% of their bases to the other countries, as this can't be all too hard, specifically  on small maps.

Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2014, 10:55:06 PM »
God I wish I was home with my gaming laptop.  Figures, I'm on the road in a hotel and missing all the fun.
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 06:50:28 AM »
Let the crook/gnats pile on.  If they have to double team bish -- so be it.  It's the highest compliment they can give -- to have to double team us to be happy.  Sad though.  Gnats used to be smart instead of being stooges to the crooks...who turn on them every time they want to get bases -- and like an abused spouse -- nits keep on going back with open arms after being turned on.  But that 's no biggie.  If two sides have to team up against the other let it happen.  

I'd rather have it that crooks & gnats double team us...it speaks volumes for what side is the real power in the game.

If players are offended by base taking squads and base taking mission planners then give me your address so I can send you a semi load of Kleenex.  You can have a valid gripe the day you either pay everyone else's sub or buy Dale out and you own the game.

That is one of the benefits of switching sides every now and then. You get to see the 'others' perspective. Which was funny for me when I did it, because it seemed like I hadn't changed sides at all. Same complaints of ENY, same complaints of 2 v 1 or "hoards" and same complaints of AFKers and the usual "forbidden ACM" stuffz.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
As you first stated only one country needs to be below 40% for a win and a map change. So now, we don't have to worry about even touching the other? :headscratch:

This could make map winning a bit easy and obviously will change the current system. :old:

Now, for example, the Bish could ignore the Knights who are putting up fierce defense, and attack the Rooks who are defending little to none. It has happened many times where a country has lost 60% of their bases to the other countries, as this can't be all too hard, specifically  on small maps.

The point I'm trying to make is no perks awarded, no win is given we just move on to the next map!  If you look at the posted screen shot you will see that the Knights and Rooks were not fighting.

If your point is to" kick them while they're down" and not going for a tactical win by all means let's keep the system the way it is!
AkCaine

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 12:00:39 PM »
Well bish did deliver unto us the vTwits, alchies, and Jokes, and Ghi. For better and worse, their "Win teh wArz!!!!" Reputation is somewhat deserved.

You reap what you sow, and right now the bish seem to be reaping a lot of hate.
Who cares i like when bish are getting rolled i like cheap 262s :D

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 11:05:41 PM »
Amen.   Been flying deuces almost exclusively the last month.  I am personally appreciative. :aok
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 01:29:28 AM »
Caldera's screenshot shows the bish had most in flight....why you no take those bases back? :devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 03:35:18 AM »
I'll agree to the cease fire wish if the country looking for it get -100 perk points in each category as their humiliation payment. 

On the other hand this could lead to more bitterness in the future and start another map on the wrong moral compass leading to more tales of woe.     :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 06:01:47 PM »
I'll agree to the cease fire wish if the country looking for it get -100 perk points in each category as their humiliation payment.  

On the other hand this could lead to more bitterness in the future and start another map on the wrong moral compass leading to more tales of woe.     :D
I believe that  Bruv119 is on to something here.  The two of the offending countries that have the primary country down below 40% and have only have 5% of one country should be penalized 100  perk points.  This would hopefully stop the gang-bang and force them to fight between themselves!
AkCaine

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »
I believe that  Bruv119 is on to something here.  The two of the offending countries that have the primary country down below 40% and have only have 5% of one country should be penalized 100  perk points.  This would hopefully stop the gang-bang and force them to fight between themselves!

I'm pretty sure you missed Bruv's point completely. He was not saying the offending countries get penalized. He was saying the losing country throwing up the white flag be penalized for being a bunch of pansies. At least that is the way I am reading it.  :uhoh

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2014, 07:54:10 PM »
That's the way I read it also Silver  :lol

And:

Let the crook/gnats pile on.  If they have to double team bish -- so be it.  It's the highest compliment they can give -- to have to double team us to be happy.  Sad though.  Gnats used to be smart instead of being stooges to the crooks...who turn on them every time they want to get bases -- and like an abused spouse -- nits keep on going back with open arms after being turned on.  But that 's no biggie.  If two sides have to team up against the other let it happen.  

I'd rather have it that crooks & gnats double team us...it speaks volumes for what side is the real power in the game.

I'm not sure where to even start with the above  :huh
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.