Author Topic: A dedicated map for GV enthusiasts  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: A dedicated map for GV enthusiasts
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 04:52:59 AM »
Chef, I suggest you suck it up and be a man, your "wish" is really just a "whine" because you do not like how some people play.

GV's have already been gifted very short Icon's so you can hide from the aircraft, but the aircraft don't have a short icon to the GV's.  GV's are also allowed to instantly spawn in when the aircraft have to actually fly to the area.

It is real simple, if you do not want to be bombed by aircraft in a GV then get in a aircraft and fight the other aircraft.
And if you don't want to get in that, get in the 'virtual pilots' 'bomb.tard' equivalent.. a wirble.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
      • http://chef561.tripod.com/chefsworld/
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
I've posited too many suggestions for terrain/landscape alterations, venue ideas, strategy changes even starting with simply having the crater map available to GV'rs (which can still be infected with tards, don't worry)  and other suggestions. So, attempting to make this thread simply about me whining an obvious hallucination from the challenged. When that crater map is on, just look at the TT area. There might be 50% of map players active there. Oh, that's because, they just happened to spawn there by random selection.  :confused:

Having failed to prove the inane "flocking syndrome" assertion, that is: "they are there so that's why they are there",  of course, all that is left is to smear and retreat into protein deprivation with intransigent incoherency and recite that all I am doing is whining. LOL Feeble, and this is also confirmed by posting selfies.

The highest whining of all time come from flyers cycling through these every 5 minutes "you're a picktard, 3 V1 and all you can do is HO?, yeah, run to your ack you ack-hugger, you running from from me when I came to fight?" And a few more.

The actual prevalence of recorded whines in chat almost any time are far more coming from the butthurt, emotionally disturbed and adolescent pilots than the group of GV'rs. :neener:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:15:24 PM by c H e F »
"The difference between truth and fiction is that fiction must make sense."~Twain

"Right is right even if no one is doing it. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it." ~St. Augustine

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 08:09:49 PM »
How many where shot down by Wirby's / vehicle mounted AAA  ?
My guess is : less than 5 for both sides totally.

Incidentally..........Some interesting facts about air power at Kursk."The climax of Operation Citadel, the Battle of Kursk, involved as many as 6,000 tanks, 4,000 aircraft and 2 million fighting men and is remembered as the greatest tank battle in history."

German tanks involved: 3000 (using a 50/50 split with Russians). Of those lost only 90 from Ruskie aircraft
Russian tanks involved : 3000 of those only 150 taken out by Nazi air.
Seriously, this somehow supports the tardlets of AH?  This belief  has to be the greatest cool aid dementia  :rolleyes: of all virtual combat sims

"The rough statistics of the Kursk battle are that the Germans entered the battle with 2100 aircraft in the front line formations. The Soviets entered the battle with about 2900 aircraft (will post a more accurate OB in my next posts). The Russians lost approximately 4 times as many aircraft as the germans (there is a lot of dispute about the figures however, which I hope to explain in the thread). The effects of the bombers for both sides are vastly overstated.....perhaps 90 tanks destroyed by the Soviets from air strikes, whilst the germans may have destroyed as many as 150 Soviet medium or heavy tanks with their stukas, if they were lucky."
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 09:25:34 PM »
Can you keep the crater map available on the list of maps to select when entering the program or one like that please?

Since 1999, you know there is a droning sameness in strategy that is systemic to most maps, so that crater gv play helps alleviate the boredome, which is inevitable. Maybe remove the icons as viewed from planes altogether as well with the added feature of being able to dismount a tank or vehicle for recon. A tard in a plane will have to assure the gv is not friendly, as is the case in merged front line battles everywhere.

fester's map is almost a gv only map
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 11:01:06 PM »
I do a lot of GVing and... No.

BTW, Lusche is right,
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2014, 04:40:29 AM »
fester's map is almost a gv only map

Judging by kills and deaths, GV activity on Fester is about slightly below average.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman