Author Topic: Well now buzzsaw is dead  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Well now buzzsaw is dead
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 01:41:24 PM »
" Do you think War Thunder would have the crowds of weenies it does if their arenas matched fights were forced to use the AH flight model, and joysticks\ rudder peddals with no F3 mode? With half the players for each matchup AH vets who have been around for 5-10 years?"

Simulator servers are cockpit only, realistic settings, no icons, and FMs pretty damn good.... 

Now venture into the arcade and "realistic" setting then the flying of gunsights around with no cockpit obscuring your view is totally there....but evidently 20,000+ find that appealing (or maybe more find the tanks appealing...not sure).

But yeah, while 32 people on a server match seems small...32 people wanting to fight makes for fun times.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »
I would say the lack of potential action due to people preferring to run supplies rather than fight, is the main reason for my lack of interest in the game lately.

2nd would be a hangar loaded with fun to fly planes, but an arena loaded with speed demons due lack of perk point requirements to fly them.

Since Waffle appears to be using buzzsaw as a petri dish to test for object and topographical configurations that work with the current era of players. Why not ask him to remove say half of the towns from airfields on buzzsaw replacing them with map rooms on the field. That removes the M3 effectively and you either up and fight, or loose your field since two guys good with bombers can take out everything important in one or two passes. Or 5-6 motivated guys in P51, P38 and P47 with 1000lb bombs.

A simple solution, disable the ability for field supplies to repair a town until the town changes hands. It's brutal and takes away the ability of a single guy to trip up an undefended base take. He will have to up in something and give someone a free kill.     
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »
Dobs, the FM in war thunder is trash.

And the developers still have not figured out how to make a hat switch work.

It's a bad game that looks pretty - but not much else.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2017, 02:36:09 PM »

I have seen a half dozen guys in M3s resuppling a town, while a half dozen guys try to take it. What you have is a buff circling around to drop the buildings again if something pops, 4 or 5 guys capping, 1 or 2 guys trying to get troops in.

What you get is a few guys trying to shoot M3s instead of "fighting", and a bunch of suicide runs in M3s instead of guys "fighting" to save the base. You want to save your base, get your butt in a plane or vehicle and shoot me down!

As this is a combat game why do we need stuff in it to take AWAY from that combat?

I have found that 2 or 3 guys re supping a town can kill an attack almost as good as upping fighters............so it's another option for a small percentage who suck at aerial combat. Besides I think it's up to the defenders to use what ever means to save a town.....it's not all about getting aerial kills. I guess if that's your bag......then the dueling arena should fill the bill as GV's are not an option

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2017, 02:43:14 PM »
I have found that 2 or 3 guys re supping a town can kill an attack almost as good as upping fighters............so it's another option for a small percentage who suck at aerial combat. Besides I think it's up to the defenders to use what ever means to save a town.....it's not all about getting aerial kills. I guess if that's your bag......then the dueling arena should fill the bill as GV's are not an option

ahhh yes, let's fall back to the "if you want fights go to the dueling arena"

Why can't people fight to defend the field in a combat game? If you want to play Monopoly, your on the wrong server.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2017, 05:17:06 PM »
I shoot M3s all the time. I'm almost famous.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 01:23:16 PM »
I have video on one of my old machines of me taking out 7 M3's in a 262 while dodging M16s and wirbles.  Talk about rage PM's

"YOU DON'T EVEN GET CREDIT FOR THESE IN FIGHTER MODE WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!!?!"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:banana:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »
M3s beat the hell out of upping from a capped base only to be vulched hoed or picked before getting to town to try and save it... No sense in giving away free kills if I can't even get to town.. Zero fun for me but apparently loads of fun for the fighters doing the capping.. At least with an M3s I'll get to town 90% of the time
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »
I see the raging clue in the darbar and take off from a field other than the one that is capped and take a couple off the top before trying to force them all low.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:00 PM »
M3s!!! I am the battle killer!! You hit my town I will resup.. You hit my strats I'll resup them I AM AN EFFECTIVE TOOL USED IN BATTLE!! FEAR ME! TRY TO STRAFE ME? I WILL SHOOT YOU DOWN WITH MY 50 CAL!!!  I AM "scott66"! "Battle killer extraordinaire" M3s,c47s hell if I have to I'll fed ex the sups to save bishtopia!
I love that you do this.  Moar buildings to blow up.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 06:01:05 PM »
I have video on one of my old machines of me taking out 7 M3's in a 262 while dodging M16s and wirbles.  Talk about rage PM's

"YOU DON'T EVEN GET CREDIT FOR THESE IN FIGHTER MODE WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!!?!"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:banana:

:rock :rock
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »
I love that you do this.  Moar buildings to blow up.
see even Meathead gets it! Co dependant relationships work :)
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait