Author Topic: Realistic...historical....  (Read 800 times)

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
Realistic...historical....
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2000, 02:13:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
Please post film of any plane getting 1 ping kill.

That's much harder to do than you think.  How can I get you to "hear" a single ping while looking at hit sprites without you being on the phone or sitting next to me at my PC? The "sound" is the part that's hard to prove with our current film recorder.

Per HiTech himself you do not hear a ping for every shell/bullet that hits your plane.  The ping sound is generated on a time ratio as best I understand it.  I asked HiTech what that time ratio was and he said he did not remember off the top of his head.  I was told the ping sound is not a 1 to 1 ratio with the hit sprite.

Example: you might hear 1 ping BUT actually you could see something like 5 or more hit sprites.

Mox
TWC

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2000, 02:22:00 PM »
Toad:
Looking back at our post about the large dispersion of the shells after 600 that we both saw....  This would lead me to believe that the "single ping" deaths I'm getting truely are a "single" shell (thus a single hit sprite) because with dispersion at 1.5 or so it would be almost impossible to get multiple shells to hit a small target (the size of a plane) that far away.  The other option is the distances are just way off in some cases and lags doing something really odd

Sorry Hazed I had no intentions of stealing your thread here!   Hazed, I share the same opinions you do on what I'd like to see in AH.

Here's my email Toad if you'd like to continue talking about these test.
catman@royal.net

Sorry guys for some of the long winded post.

Mox
TWC

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2000, 02:25:00 PM »
Hey Mox, actually I don't make it down to 6th too often, aside from beer and wings at BW3s, or some pool at Buffalo Billiards, it's just too crowded for me most of the time.  I will sneak down to 4th, or on the river once in a while though.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2000, 03:26:00 PM »
Easymo I had one film of it, sent it to Hblair, he may have it still. As I changed HD a couple of weeks ago I dont have it any longer.

I didnt want him to post it here because it was my "rant-all-time" phase and Has a lot of BS on the radio buffer (mostly mine    ).

If he has it ,he can send it to you. It is quite long, and shows me fighting a F4UC. I had 2 snapshots on him,hits in both, both less than 150 yds with my 4x20mm Fw190. He lost the rudder...and nothing else.

He got one ping later on me(confirmed by the guy, only one flash in his FE). He make my engine pray for more oil as he was leaking all it had   . With one shot at 300yds (in his FE, because in mine he was 400yds and I was faster) when I had at least 5 flashes on him (maybe more I cant recall it well) at 100-150 yds. Compare the results:
(5-6 flashes at 100-150yds) rudder gone<--->(one flash at 300-350yds)engine killed.

I had 2 or 3 films more like that...the kind of one ping while avoiding HO,results: tail gone...wing gone...engine quit,etc. But as I said I changed HD and I lost all films     . I hope hblair can send the one I said before to you.

One ping from a F4U1-C is structural damage assured. I dont need any TA tests, I tested it by myself....in my skin, to be truth.

(OOOPS I OPENED MY MOUTH AGAIN)

<RAM>------------------>Closing this time his mouth at all in this thread.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 06-01-2000).]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2000, 03:34:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:

I dont need any TA tests, I tested it by myself....in my skin, to be truth.

(OOOPS I OPENED MY MOUTH AGAIN)

<RAM>

LOL!

"Don't confuse me with the facts. I've already made up my mind!"

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2000, 03:53:00 PM »

Originally posted by Toad:
LOL!

"Don't confuse me with the facts. I've already made up my mind!"

(MOUTH SHUT)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! M! M! MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2000, 04:02:00 PM »
Yesterday, May 31st 2000, a date which will live in obscurity.  I got my waxed bellybutton handed to me on a silver platter the size of Texas.

Im good.  At times Im damned good.  Hell, every once in a while Im brilliant.

Yesterday I sucked so bad it was miles past pathetic.  Funny thing is, I had fun!

I am well and beyond the point where I ponder about the technical details.  I do not lose any sleep on these matters.  I NEED this stuff and all I want is to enjoy myself in spite of myself.  

So far so good.

Yeager

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 06-01-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline JG5_Jerry

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2000, 05:47:00 AM »
Although this may seem slightly OT here, one thing that I think would enhance the realism would be to get rid of those numerical ammo counters. German aircraft whould therefore get the ammo counters fitted inside the RL plan's cockpits, and Allied pilots would have to guess. If you want to go the whole hog, I guess tracers should not be used in some instances too, and in this case Allied pilots would only see tracers as a warning that their ammo was getting low.
You never know, it might add a certain something to the AH experience   !