Author Topic: More bombers around and more off-mappers  (Read 437 times)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
More bombers around and more off-mappers
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2001, 10:01:00 PM »
Wobble,
      You're being disingenious. I know you've got a good grasp of history, so I expect you also know that German radar could indeed detect the emissions of allied radar sets warming up as the bomber streams were forming up over the airfield in England.

Further, you probably already know that many (if not most) of the German night fighting radar systems again homed in precisley on the allied bombers radar emissions in flight. You'd not only give away a speed and heading, you'd also give away your alt.

Sounds good to me :) More dead buffs.

TheWobble

More bombers around and more off-mappers
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »

Wobble,
You're being disingenious. I know you've got a good grasp of history, so I expect you also know that German radar could indeed detect the emissions of allied radar sets warming up as the bomber streams were forming up over the airfield in England.
Further, you probably already know that many (if not most) of the German night fighting radar systems again homed in precisley on the allied bombers radar emissions in flight. You'd not only give away a speed and heading, you'd also give away your alt.

Sounds good to me  (Image removed from quote.) More dead buffs

as far as I know there is no REAL radar that can pick up a plane sitting on the ground.... in a hanger....on the other side of a mountin..  thats what AH's radar does,  radar, even the most sophisticated today can be flown under due to terrain masking.  in AH you cannot go BELOW radar..which is unrealistic and IMO DUMB.  Flying off the map is gamey..YES, but no as gamy as a radar that can see through ground, mountins, and over vast spaces and pick up small aircraft in their hangers.

its like those stupid 3D shooters that have the radar, for the impatent quakeheads to find the other players faster.

Make any plane farther than 15 miles form the nearist radar undetectable (no dot, no dar bar) IF it is under 300-500 feet AGL.  However if you get too close to a base, or strat (say 8 miles) then you show up no matter how low you are, considering a sentry at the base, or a tower would spot you.  Also dont make GVs show up on dar UNTIL they fire a shot into the perimiter of the base, or they get withing 3k of it.

That would be pretty good, and wouldent harm gameplay (who flys under 500 feet everywhere?)  and a heck of alot more realistic than the joke OMNIPOTENT radar we have now.

its not like EVERYBODY would fly below 500 feet and nobody would ever find anybody, but it would make Jabo and Arado missions a BLAST.