Author Topic: Monitors  (Read 1253 times)

Sandman_SBM

Monitors
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2001, 07:44:00 PM »
Here's a thought. Rather than have anonymous monitors appointed by the "state", why not elect them?

It works for the Sheriff's Department.

SwampRat

Monitors
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2001, 07:56:00 PM »

Originally posted by Westy:
 Swamprat, IMO, I think the whole situation is being made a bit too federal.

This isn't constitutional. This is a business issue.

I do not blame HTC at all for what they chose to do or what the person who used the mute did.

The MA is bad enough with some of the two week trial blithering idiots spouting off.

(edited 03-20-2001).]

..I completely agree.  It's the approach I'm concerned with.  The grey area is just plain wierd.  And the buisness issue goes both ways really.  Perhaps the moderator in this situation jumped the gun,....then maybe not.  Until we have clear cut guidance, who know's what will get you muted?  I've seen way worse than "dick", and I've seen terrible verbal lashing(s) that didn't even include "foul" language.  I've heard of one instance of the mute being applied,...for "Dick"???  

Just a point to ponder

SwampRat

Bmer1171

Monitors
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2001, 08:23:00 PM »
Maybe monitors should warn an offender that the text is being logged and will be sent to the HTC staff if the crap continues. HTC can email a warning to the problem child. If they don't tone down the retoric they get suspended or worse.

------------------
Chris "Bmer1171" Toombs
332nd Flying Mongrels
"Don't fly to fight. Fight to fly."

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Monitors
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2001, 08:25:00 PM »
The simple answer to all of this is that there isn't a simple solution (other then our monitoring our own behaviour). I'm with Eagler, I thought this was about video monitors as well..lol. Well, I don't have anything to worry about. Chances are, if something does happen between myself and a monitor:

a) I probably deserved it.
b) I record about every flight I make, so at the very least there is evidence of any behaviour or abusiveness one way or the other, so paranoia isn't required. My guess is, the monitors record as well.

Kudos to HTC for addressing the 'quality' of their game. How could they not, as good business men and women, try to make AH the best environment (As they see it) for their customers?

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
MAG-33

'Criticism is always easier than craftmanship.'

SwampRat

Monitors
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2001, 08:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by Bmer1171:
Maybe monitors should warn an offender that the text is being logged and will be sent to the HTC staff if the crap continues. HTC can email a warning to the problem child. If they don't tone down the retoric they get suspended or worse.

Now THAT is a good idea.

SwampRat

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Monitors
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2001, 08:40:00 PM »

if that irritating gif doesn't kill this thread, nothing will  

Eagler

[This message has been edited by Eagler (edited 03-20-2001).]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Monitors
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2001, 08:44:00 PM »
A friendly little reminder that when people come to play games like this, some choose to directly reflect they're personality, while other choose to role play. For this reason, direct interpretation of someone's actions in a medium such as this is nothing more then a knee jerk reaction, as one cannot determine which of side of the line the person resides on.

We seem to lose sight of this sometimes.

Have a nice day.

Btw I'm a pompus jerk, ask anyone whos ever caught me not playing me role!