Author Topic: Fugitive Democrats  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2003, 11:42:51 PM »
Check this... http://www.thenation.com/thebeat/index.mhtml?bid=1&pid=669

Apparently, the DHS "played a critical role in tracking down the Democratic legislators who went missing from the Texas Capitol."

WTF?
sand

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2003, 11:46:47 PM »
IIRC, DHS stated that the Texas cops misrepresented the situation to them. Said they were looking for a "downed aircraft".

If so, I think the finger points at Texas, not DHS.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2003, 12:11:26 AM »
from the above link.

"The agency got a call, it's unclear exactly from when or from whom, to locate a certain Piper Turbo-Prop aircraft."

The Air and Marine Interdiction and Coordination Center in Riverside reportedly tracked the aircraft in question -- which belongs to former House Speaker Pete Laney, one of the departed Democrats -- to Ardmore, Oklahoma.

When questioned, Republican Tom Craddick admitted that the information about the plane's location was critical to solving the mystery of where the Democrats had disappeared to. "We called someone and they said they were going to track it," Craddick said of the plane. "That's how we found them."

cite for your comment  toad?

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2003, 12:46:23 AM »
I'm just curious....let's say in the future the Democrats have the majority,and the Republicans pulled the same action to block a similar move or legislation they didn't like.

Would those of you defending the Democrats action do the same then?Or would you complain about those crummy ol' Republicans?

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2003, 03:52:54 AM »
there is a time and place for changing the districts. every 10 years after the census changing doing so now makes sense on one level only. a grab for power and to get rid of some opposition types permenently.

yea i would be pissed they ( the republican party ) came out looking like bumbling idiots.

time to run the rupublicans out of the state again we did fine without them for 150 years.

anyone remember what they did last time? i do. my great great grandady lost an eye fighting um.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2003, 06:38:53 AM »
I hate to break it to you, but the parties have effectively swapped platforms since your great grandaddy.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2003, 07:08:15 AM »
If I failed to show up for work, I know I'd get fired from my job.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2003, 07:54:53 AM »
my great great grandady lost an eye fighting um

Shame it wasn't 3 feet lower!
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Fugitive Democrats
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2003, 09:15:52 AM »
Over 200 bills expired due to this stunt.....did the taxpayers of Texas foot the travel and lodging expenses in OK?

130 years of a Dem majority and the first time they don't hold the hammer, they act like children.

They won a battle, but will lose the war.