Author Topic: can we have BoB scenario  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
can we have BoB scenario
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2003, 11:45:16 AM »
I guess we can arrange it out during the cap today. cya there :)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
esme
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2003, 02:25:04 AM »
This is the best way I can come up with to send the file to you.  I must have your email wrong because even a single line of text bounces let alone this file.  Click on the link below and download the zip file.  Unzip it and put the terrain file in you AH/terrains folder.  I’ve tested it to make sure all will go well but post here if you need any help.

http://www.geocities.com/wulf1177/ah_bigbob.zip

(edit) The wise version I had was the regular one so I zipped the terrain file. (/edit)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 02:29:58 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
can we have BoB scenario
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2003, 03:31:26 AM »
As a for instance, I'd like to see some Ju87s in the next one. I'd like even more to see some He111s or Do17s, if possible!
i have fought for the poor old he111 for years ,,,heck spanish used it all the way into the late 1960's,,,was produced in huge numbers,,somthing like 18,000,,lol<~~not sure on that,,but i think its close,,lol,,the do217 very good plane too,,and from what i read about the he111 very tuff,,good bomb load,,and very importaint to historical senerios ,,every time i mentioned the he111 or the pby i get a ton of slack for it,,lol

pby,,great night raider,,the black cats,,,,,had good on board radar,,,good costal defender,,great long range,,was produced in high numbers and even produced by the russians,,canadians,,british,,few othere counties,,it was a work horse,,and killer ship bomber,,had tons of kills on subs and shipping,,{but it was slow},,but tuff,,,even see a report off alaska were they stopped a planned invasion with pbys,dive bombed a jap carrier,,lol,,wasnt made for dive bombing,,but i guess it didnt do too shabby,,even carried over 4,000lb of bombs

cant wait to try battle of britian,,i havent got to fly in that one yet:)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 03:47:10 AM by hyena426 »

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Re: can we have BoB scenario
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2003, 09:33:27 PM »
Originally posted by ramzey
can we have BoB scenario
every year?

regards
ramzey

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
can we have BoB scenario
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2003, 02:29:43 AM »
We have four scenarios a year..... if we had a BoB every year that would only leave three slots for new ones - and how long before others want an "xyz" scenario every year..... before long it would be nothing but the same 4 scenarios year after year, which would soon get very boring.  I am sure we will have BoB again some time in the future, but for now we already have others in the planning process.  Meanwhile, keep a look out for BoB-type snapshots which are held frequently, and for the re-start of the CAP event happening fairly soon.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
Re: Re: can we have BoB scenario
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2003, 07:38:32 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
can we have BoB scenario
every year?
regards
ramzey

While not a full blown scenario, we did run a BoB snapshot just two weeks ago. We ran two very intense frames and had between 30 and 50 players.
Granted it was not a big scenario spread out over a month's time but nothing in the rules prohibit players and or squads from doing some advanced planning and recruiting for snapshots or any other event for that matter. This alone will often give the event more of a scenario or big event feel. The key imho is advanced voluntary player and squad coordination.

A registration page is not always a prerequsite for capturing that big event feeling. In most cases CM's can only do so much, the rest is up to the players as to how involved they want to be or how much planning they want to do.
Sorry you missed this one ramzey.
But I do share in your appreciation and enthusiasm for BoB.

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
can we have BoB scenario
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2003, 11:40:24 AM »
@ Flossy , 4 scenarions with less then half planed players registered (we can count thiis as 2 scenarions;) j/k)

Im long enough here to see diference between cap, snapshot and scenario. Snapshot have  not even pice of scenario spirit.
More looks like last 2 scenarios when people was catched on MA and drag to SEA ;-)

BoB was running august-september , allmost like main  battle in RL. SO its a lot of time to prepare it.

BoB is mother and father of all scenarios, it has spirit, teamplay  ......... and everything. Its not just grab plane and fly.
Its whole mistery;)

@Skyfoxx, you right we need 2 strong commanders who will drive both sides.

So, now question is WHEN we can have BOB scenario?