Author Topic: Sheckter / Brack Crash  (Read 858 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2003, 01:25:03 PM »
Just a word of warning: don't click on the Tom Pryce crash in South Africa unless you have a strong constitution.

Offline Twist

• Nickel Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2003, 01:42:42 PM »
It's like watching one of those 'Faces of Death' videos. :(
Razer

Hellcat FG

"They porked the Hellcat? Why did they do that?"

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2003, 01:46:26 PM »
Yeah I saw the Pryce accident on TV once, BAD TIMES.
On the other hand, I think all corner workers should be required to see that once.

Offline Gloves

• Nickel Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2003, 01:49:46 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
I remember that.  It was Hiro Matsu****a running into Jacques Villeneuve.

:rofl     Sometimes the word filter is too funny - especially when it involves a person's name.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2003, 02:07:41 PM »
I was watching Gregs crash live. It was so horrific that ESPN wouldn't show a replay. Eurosport however did...

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Sheckter / Brack Crash
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2003, 02:32:20 PM »
Watching David Purley trying to save Roger Williamson at Zandvoort in '73 is probably the greatest piece on there.  Its a good example of heroism at its best, and the other drivers at their worst as they just kept driving by without stopping to help.

I remember a CART accident at Australia last year or year before, in the rain, when 5 cars were involved in a pile-up and one of them was flipped upside down, trapping the driver.  Jimmy Vasser and another driver got out of their damaged vehicles and quickly went to the aid of the driver pinned under his car.  They were the first on the scene, and it took several seconds before the track emergency teams were on the scene.

I remember this season, Dale Jarrett refusing to accept a ride from an ambulance, out of protest for the poor actions on the part of the rescue teams when he crashed the #88 Ford Taurus.  He wasn't hurt, but it took an eternity before any track officials arrived.

I also remember Michael Waltrip getting pinned against the wall on the driver's side when he spun.  He wasn't hurt but the car was undrivable.  Since the car was wedged against the wall on the driver's side, he was trapped, unable to escape.  Fortunately, his car didn't burst into flames.  This year his car has an escape hatch in the roof.  Why didn't they think of that sooner?