Author Topic: Coming clean  (Read 9475 times)

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Coming clean
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2003, 01:00:24 AM »
Hang in there and don't do it alone.

h

flyfisheratchaffee.net if you need an anonymous ear.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2003, 02:02:36 AM »
Nash,
GOOD LUCK!!!
I do hope you're able to get over this episode.
Drop me an email sir.
BTW, I am hoping this is a troll and frankly would be relieved if it were. Somehow I'm guessing otherwise.
Hang in there as this withdraw you're going through is temporary only. You'll make it.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Coming clean
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2003, 02:47:44 AM »
I don't know if it means anything to ya, but I've said a prayer for your success.

just a small tip on the H, I've known a couple of guys who've gone through it.  of those that chose on their own (not arested, not threatened) and conscerned themselves more with getting past it than hidding it (you've already beat that part), every one of them beat it.  through work and other contacts I've known a dozen or so.  some with professional help some with out.  the major determining factor was, where they doing it for themselves or to get someone else off their back.

btw- I hear campbels chicken noodle soup with saltine crackers crushed up in it will stay down longer than just about anything else and it doesn't go through you quit as fast or as painfully.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Coming clean
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2003, 03:25:12 AM »
You became a heroin addict over a girl and then blew 60 Grand?

Lol, Diptoejam.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Coming clean
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2003, 04:13:32 AM »
Jeeze Creamo, no empathy / sympathy at all?

I empathize with Nash: after all, I had to give up my day job for a while...   I was buying illicit prescription medication from my housekeeper to feed my Oxycontin addiction.    

I am in rehab now and should be back in a couple of weeks...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 04:15:33 AM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Coming clean
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2003, 04:44:14 AM »
Creamo, STFU.

Nash, good luck mate, you're gonna need it.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Coming clean
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 04:58:25 AM »
takes the worst to create the best.

hope thats what happens to you. your in my thoughts

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Coming clean
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2003, 05:45:44 AM »
One of my best friends was a heroin addict for years and no-one knew it, except those he indulged with.

It started as a once a month get together with some people who would indulge just that one night...they snorted it apparently.  When he met the "supplier" he realised he could get it whenever he wanted.

This guy didn't have alot of money, but fortunately he had enough intestinal fortitude to simply go "cold turkey" whenever he didn't have enough money.  He kept all his bills paid and never stole a dime from anyone.  

But he was sick alot.

I just thought he had a weak immune system, but should have suspected something when he got the "flu" every couple of weeks.

When he finally decided to quit he managed to do it on his own, but it was tough for him.  Another firiend of mine was visiting from Canada at one point in his recovery and we were chatting about it.  The addict friend started to tell us what heroin was like and the amazing part was that the guy had a longing smile on his face when he spoke about the efects of the drug.  Seeing this, my friend who was visiting got pissed.  He turned on the guy and said,

"Look at you...smiling when you think about that *****.  I love you man, but I'll only say this once.  When I come down here next time and find out you are still on that cr*p I'm going to kick your prettythang.  Not a little slap around either.  I'm gonna punch that smile out of your face for good."

It was like letting air out of a balloon.  My addict friend broke down and cried.

He has been clean for over two years now I guess.

Good luck Nash.  It isn't easy but it is well worth it.

No shame in what happened to you...it happens to surprisingly large number of people.  

If I can help in any way let me know, even if you need someone to just talk it out with by e-mail or something.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2003, 05:46:02 AM »
Just remember it's only going to get better now Nash, best wishes and good luck!

Daniel

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Coming clean
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2003, 05:52:46 AM »
Good luck !

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2003, 06:00:11 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
You became a heroin addict over a girl and then blew 60 Grand?

Lol, Diptoejam.

Kick a man while he's down and on hard times.

You feel better now?

Pathetic that you also have to bypass the filter just to say a certain word.

You should look in the mirror that last word of yours describes you to a 'T'

Pathetic, really.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Coming clean
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2003, 06:18:02 AM »
Shrooms really helped my smack withdrawels.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Coming clean
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2003, 06:19:35 AM »
Don't care if you're trolling or not; said a prayer for you either way. I actually hope you are trolling, but best of luck.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Coming clean
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2003, 06:32:30 AM »
Nash,

My younger brother died in February of a heroin addiction.  So if this is a troll, I do not find it in the least bit funny, but if you seriously have a problem, I suggest you get serious help.  Check in to a legitamate rehabilitation center, because bar none, heroin is the most addictive drug on the face of the planet.  It is going to be a long tough road, and it will not be easy.  You had best really want to be sober, because otherwise you are going to end up dead.  Ohh, and you think that death is the easy way out, it's not.  You get to die, then your family gets to pick up the pieces of your life that you leave behind, and they get to punish themselves for years after wondering why they did not do things differently, and save your prettythang.  

I am telling you this because not a day goes by that I do not wish I could have forced my brother into a rehad, or get him arrested for possesion of heroin, anything to have kept him alive so that he could see the light.  In the end, he thought he had the habit kicked, but for some stupid reason only he knows, he tried it one more time late one night.  His roomate found him the next morning dead, a hypo, spoon, and empty baggy on the coffee table, the belt still wrapped around his arm.  Writing this has brought back the pictures of him I had to see when I went to i.d. him for the family, images I have tried to surpress because they brought me awake for weeks after in nightmares.  Nash, if you care anything about your family and friends, get help, you'll learn to care about yourself later.  I wish you the best.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2003, 06:56:11 AM »
well good luck too you Nash.....

hardest step is to recognize you did have a problem...well done

and guys...lay off creamo.....he is right about the money.....and even nash said it himself.....your are a dipchit for burning 65 000 in a few months just for a girl.....and drugs