Author Topic: This is kinda confusing.  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2003, 09:34:12 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Yes your right, I was the first to mention NK. I must be getting a bit too drunk. I'll better continue this when I sober up, but one thing ... I'm looking forward to you having "an extremely different view of this administration's actions against Iraq."

Why would you be looking forward to that?

Offline yowser

• Copper Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2003, 01:30:17 PM »
“…Unlike some prescient folks here that have already decided that SH didn't have WMD, I'm willing to wait and see what SH himself has to offer on the subject.”.

Pretty funny.  You painting yourself as the voice of reason and patience, while everybody else is jumping the gun.  Not being very honest are you?...or very consistent.  At the start of the war you said SH DID have WMD.  You sure had your mind made up back then.  You didn’t say let’s wait and see back then.  Nope.  You were so sure SH DID have WMD that you bet on it.  You lost.

Maybe you should have just said let’s wait and see from the very start?  OR...you could have just shut up about it.  You still have that choice by the way.

yowser

P.S.  The funny part is, if they do find WMD now, you'll be the first to say "I told you so!".  However, to have that right you can't be a fence sitter anymore.  You have to state unequivocally right now that you still believe that SH has WMD.  (Quick...before they find the WMD!)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 01:44:26 PM by yowser »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
This is kinda confusing.
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2003, 04:08:55 PM »
Review the bet. I lost on a time function. I originally stipulated one year but got no takers. Searching for something deliberately hidden in a large country isn't like checking your desk for a letter. Finally got one at 90 days and another at 120. Note the originally asked for year has not yet expired.

Yes, I did believe the US governement at the beginning. I still do. And for those with reading comprehension, a review of anything I've said on it to date clearly shows I still "believe that SH has WMD."

We'll see. I may end up being wrong. But I'll stick with my original timetable.

And gee, if it upsets you....... guess I'll start a few more threads on this.

:p
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!