Author Topic: The P-38 sucks!  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
The P-38 sucks!
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2004, 06:34:26 PM »
By default, Shift+1 for engine one, Shift+2 for engine 2, Shift+e to control both engines normally.  Both throttle and RPMs can be adjusted individually.

A hammerhead is a vertical manouever with numerous variations.  The basic principle is that you lead your opponent into a steep climb until he can no longer follow and begins to stall out, at which point you reverse and zoom down on him while he has little control of his aircraft.  Proper execution takes good timing, which comes with practice.   Your opponent must also not have more E than you, or you'll be the one to stall out first and get blown away.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
The P-38 sucks!
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2004, 07:38:24 PM »
Originally posted by Hazard69
Lol B17Skull12......the P38 can pull some of the quickest hammerheads ever...although I admit I havent perfected the skill yet....If u chop throttle on 1 engine with full on the other on the way up....it does the hammerhead faster than u can put throttle back up.....I am having to actually use opposite rudder to the hammerhead just to prevent overshooting......its LETHAL.....:aok when I can get it to work :o ;) :D

Looong time a go I testing my HOTAS setting just for fun(X36usb+Logitech racing pedals).
I set rudder to the X36 throttle and to the pedals I put... left and right engine throttles.
Lots of fun when hammering all over with foot throttle pedals:D

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
The P-38 sucks!
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2004, 12:35:43 PM »
Gotta laugh at that Jug comment... ;)