Author Topic: Small maps and rooks = DOS  (Read 9522 times)

Offline roofer

• Zinc Member
Small maps and rooks = DOS
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2004, 02:25:41 PM »
i love these terms:

alt monkey:  what's a fellow supposed to do? stay low and be an easy target? altitude is life...every pilot should know this. what busness of yours is it to put a ceiling on anyone's fun?

dweeb: anyone sitting in front of a computer for hours flying a simulator is a dweeb...we are all pots and kettles of the same color

spit dweeb, la7 dweeb...ect. : we are not all aces, and if i have to get in a spit to kill you i will. why should i grab a lesser plane? secondly every plane has it's weakness, find it, exploit it, and quit with the dweeb talk.

runstang, or any term used to describe a plane leaving the area: ever run out of ammo? fuel? ever want to exit a two or even three on one?...ever turn fight a p-51?  here is a giant clue...some planes don't turn fight. extending is another reason to "run." some planes need a certain amount of distance between them and foe to even be able to think about turning back on them.

if we could learn to act like a community even being on opposite sides this could be that much more fun to play. sitting here complaining doesn't do anyone here aces high any good, it just creates rifts. yes we love to have a nemisis, but not the kind that complains like a little girl [apologies to the women of aceshigh]

i hope you all can understand where i am coming from.  i bet there will be some of you that think i'm nuts...it's the guys who think i'm nuts AND understand where i'm coming from, that i want to hang with. why can't we all get along?

p.s. to date, 3 yrs[i think], never have rooks joined with knights or bish

GoZilla 81st [squad mate of the CO's of the RJO on Sunday]

cheers, salute, and see yas in the skies!

Offline RookieCAF

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.cactusairforce.org/~rookie/blog/
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2004, 02:40:38 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
Tell ya what Rookie,  :)... Snipped

TC,

We have had over the set limit, had a second squad (The filthy fifth) but we never were anything other than CAF. We don't need to say anything else. We know who we are..

If one of our own gets down on his luck we gather money as a group and help pay his bills, we go the extra mile!

I don't doubt what you're saying. My Brothers and Sisters in My Squad gave me back my life. Its a story I won't share here, but my email is valid.

I could care less whatever you wish to call me, dweeb, whatever. I know who I am, and if you want to judge me on one post, go for it. Anyone that knows me from the old days (I have never flown AH that actively, and my last real active period was in AW Dos 1.5-ish) will tell you otherwise. Dano know me, He may not like me, but he won't call me a dweeb.

And the **** stuff is the filter on the board if you haven't figured it out. Apparantly we need to be protected from bad words here. Glad you weren't on the 666th etal or GEnie 870.

:rolleyes:

Offline RookieCAF

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2004, 02:44:11 PM »
Originally posted by Torvald
RookieCAF

If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight.  The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

DmdTorv

Are you related to SARGENT YORK? (My Squaddies will get this little joke).. Torv, If you don't know of what you're speaking, keep your mouth shut.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2004, 02:45:58 PM »
hahaha roofer panties bunching:D

alt monkey: what's a fellow supposed to do? stay low and be an easy target? altitude is life...every pilot should know this. what busness of yours is it to put a ceiling on anyone's fun?

Altitude is for the weak and outnumbered!

dweeb: anyone sitting in front of a computer for hours flying a simulator is a dweeb...we are all pots and kettles of the same color

Yes we are, according to all the people I know who don't play this game.:D

runstang, or any term used to describe a plane leaving the area: ever run out of ammo? fuel? ever want to exit a two or even three on one?...ever turn fight a p-51? here is a giant clue...some planes don't turn fight. extending is another reason to "run." some planes need a certain amount of distance between them and foe to even be able to think about turning back on them.
It's not the guys that run out of ammo/fuel and RTB that give the runstang it's bad name or even the extending for that matter.  It's the guys that make one or two passes, blow it and run for their lives.  I have the most respect for people that fly the fast planes and aren't afraid of mixing it up in a turn fight.  Fk the 51 can out turn a spit over 267 nkts/mph.  This game is about working the other guy over with everything you've got.  If all you got is diving for the deck and runnin then the runstang name applies.  Crap I was turn fightn in my La7 with an A6 the other night.  What a blast!!  and when you actually win the battle you learn a little more about your favorite ride and it feels great!

if we could learn to act like a community even being on opposite sides this could be that much more fun to play. sitting here complaining doesn't do anyone here aces high any good, it just creates rifts. yes we love to have a nemisis, but not the kind that complains like a little girl [apologies to the women of aceshigh]
Does me a lot of good, :D .  Keep a good sense of humor and this sh$t is hysterical.  Don't take it so seriouse.  Enjoy the ribbing and get in some ribs of your own.  For god sakes we are all fighter pilots. lolh

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2004, 02:50:17 PM »
We otta gather all the threads from past RJO nite whines and put them in one place .... and call it the repetition thread . same whine, same place ... see ya next time .

Remember it was the constant low Rook Numbers that brought on the RJO's  .. ITs the Knights and Bishops Fault for this in the 1st place . :rofl
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2004, 02:54:20 PM »
Heh.  Bunch of guys wastin' their breath.

Offline RookieCAF

• Zinc Member
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by 11dano11
It says we're so liked and respected that we've grown beyond the confines of one squad.  

Oh, and just as a side bet, you can take on Coach personally, 1v1.  After all, he's just a girly vulture an' all *GGGG*

Dano,

We don't drop our members, even when they drop out for awhile. I'm not going to go into my story here, but I will say my Squad, My Brothers and Sisters, Helped me get my life back. They were there for me when I needed help. Once a CAF, Always a CAF.

I don't get the "Grown beyond the confines" comment. We have been over the limit too, but we don't need a roman numeral to make the world know how many of us there are. Thats just plain arrogant, and self centered. the CAF is one.

We like good competition too, but we like competition, not watching someone run away everytime, all the time. No one loses their life in a game, and I can understand not engaging at times, but blowing one pass and running 10 sectors can't be fun, and thats why we play the game. Especially in the main arena. In a Scenario or Warnight type situation, obviously lives count. And Stats never meant a blessed thing to me.

No dueling for me, I haven't flown online seriously since 98 or so, and frankly, I'm not that much of a gamer anymore. Don't even have a flight stick. I have other things I like to do now, But I'm still CAF and I'm sure someone else can cornhole Coach for me.

Offline RookieCAF

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2004, 03:01:20 PM »
Why? Yer boys Rookie and Bullethead like talkin' trash about our squad, I figured they'd be eager to back up the big talk. Guess not. I don't know what an email is gonna solve.

If you had any honor we wouldn't have to call you on it now would we?  And there's nothing like a good rivalry anyway, Think Yankees/Red Sox , Vikings/Packers, Giants/Dodgers.

Offline roofer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2004, 03:11:32 PM »
Originally posted by mars01

Altitude is for the weak and outnumbered!

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

sorry that is as far as i got...laughing too hard to continue

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2004, 03:13:48 PM »
"Why? Yer boys Rookie and Bullethead like talkin' trash about our squad, I figured they'd be eager to back up the big talk. Guess not. I don't know what an email is gonna solve."

You're the one crying in your Cheerios Dano.  I've been "Big talking" as well, keep it right here my child.   Yeah, I'll look forward to the duel as well.  Big time.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2004, 03:14:36 PM »
sorry that is as far as i got...laughing too hard to continue

:D Mission accomplished:D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2004, 03:18:43 PM »
Heya Rookie,

I not really judging you, and if you took it as me calling you a dweeb , I didn't mean it that way! I was calling the abbrivated letters dweebishness.

for the most part I have never had any bad feelings toward anyone in your squad, and have made sort of online friends with 1 or 2 of them. I just don't  see why the squad bashing had to start! I have been flying in online sims myself since '95 on AW,WB,FA,TK/TR and AH  and I probably have ran across you somewhere in that time but it is hard to remember all the handles , tail #'s, callsigns or what have you.

As for the RJO, I could give a care about that, I am the one that asked my squad to try out the CT, we didn't leave because we couldn't  compete! last sunday evening. I just wanted something different, and the Damned joined me in the CT at my request.

You made it sound as if "The Damned" was nothing but a bunch of hired guns / type people that we have a massed, and not a true squad, well it's not like that.  I have only been Damned since 98 or 99, but I know we are more than a bunch of dweebs flying some online flight sim / game. Hell, a few of our guys actualy fly over seas to visit the ones on the other side of the big water! or fly in from all over just to visit  some of us that can't fly or maybe disabled.

This whole thread is good in a way to get some comraderie going, but no one should trash talk anothers squad over something so silly.

As for the  board filter, I don't think I have ever ran into  that problem,  I usually will log or calm down before I get to typing or saying  cuss words.

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline RookieCAF

• Zinc Member
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2004, 03:31:31 PM »
TC,

OK, Cleared up. I don't judge people I do know, much less those I don't, and don't take kindly to people who do, so thats all cool then.

The squad bashing is part of the game, Its kinda lost now, which is sad, I don't want to sing "Kumbaya" with you, I want to kill you. On the board and in the skys (Virtually, not in reality). Don't know if you know Hardrock or Twist, but I enjoyed hanging with those guys when I met em, but would still online, on the boards or the skies, I'd still get a little venom spewing :) You guys just rub us the wrong way, Its OK, really :)

The hired guns thing is probably a little oversimplified, I never meant it to sound quite that harsh, but sometimes the "dicta" you guys seem to follow in the air, and the group whining on the boards makes it easy to categorize. Don't take this wrong, I'm not retracting anything, but hopefully I've clarified myself a little as to exactly why I think you're a bunch of alt monkey runstanging crybabies :aok

I've been CAF since 8/21/94 and alot of us have been friends online for a couple years previously, so we also are not a bunch of newbie mouthy dweebs. We have new members to be sure, but we try to maintain the same culture and spirit we had then. "We may not be the greatest, but we'll do this together"..

If you want to know the quality of my Squadmates, Feel free to email me. Its valid in my profile. I'm not kidding.

VWE

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2004, 03:40:46 PM »
Hey, you know I shot down OddCAF in his run90 last night... wasn't runnin just vulchin, though he only got 2 passes. :D

Offline RookieCAF

• Zinc Member
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2004, 03:43:49 PM »
WTG, He needs a little Humility ;)